Chapter 6

Hi guys, before we get into the update I just want to share a few words about the recent news we've been given. Zayn leaving the band was an absolute shock for us all and I am so sorry for all the broken hearts that have found their way into your chests, but please let's not turn on him. He needs our support more than ever now. He was,is and always will be Zayn Malik. The sunshine of many of your lives. We cannot give up on him. Nor can we give up on Harry, Louis, Liam and Niall. I know you've seen the videos of the concerts and how absolutely wrecked they are. We need to rally and show them how much they are loved and cared for. The boys that have saved so many of us, finally need us to save them. That being said, if ANY of you are struggling with this mentally, emotionally, physically what have you DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT hesitate to reach out to someone. My inbox is ALWAYS open, tweet me, DM me, whatever-just know that you don't have to go through this alone. Your thoughts and feelings are valid. You matter. I love you. He loves you. The Boys love you.

AINSLEY’S POV-

“You just. You just got out and walked away?” Daisey and Emma stared at me, eyes wide and mouth agape. 

“Yup.” was all I replied with, I was probably in more shock than they were. When I got into the room last night they were already asleep, so I just had the absolute pleasure of telling them the events of the evening. They’re shocked, I’m shocked, We’re all shocked. I couldn’t tell them why I did everything I did last night anymore than I could tell myself.

“But. WHY, Ains? He was practically sex on a stick!” Emma whined. 

“Because, guys. I know what kind of guy he is. He knows he’s good looking and get everything at the drop of a hat from anything he wants. Even if I had done or said anything more, I know for a fact I wouldn’t ever see or hear from him again. I was just the next conquest and he got enough from it. I may be trying out Ainsley 2.0, but she’s not stupid enough to let herself end up heartbroken because of some dude she met on vacation.” Wasn’t I?

I didn’t have time to dwell on it too much before Daisey suggested we go out to do a bit of day drinking and sightseeing. We had Omelets’ and mimosas at a cafe not too far from the hotel. The sun was shining down on my shoulders while we sat next to the Seine river. I let my head fall back and stretched my arms out to soak in as much of the sun as I could. I made a silent promise I wouldn’t think about Harry or the events of last night. I was in Paris! The city of love, as they say. Not the city of letting some devastatingly handsome english boy, who you won’t even see again, consume your every thought. 

We walked all over Paris stopping at places such as The Notre Dame Cathedral. We took silly pictures under the Arc De Triomphe and went to see Mona Lisa in the Lourve. Typical touristy things. We took a boat back up the river as the sun was setting. We waited until sunset to go see The Eiffel Tower and, wow, was it worth it. We stared out over the city in all its twinkle lit glory, straining our eyes as far out as we could see.The tower itself was a sight to be held; 986 feet tall (even more if you counted the radio antennas.)  

Looking out over the city, I couldn’t help but be reminded of the look-out with Harry. It was only slightly less beautiful than the sight I was seeing now. I let my thoughts wind their way through my memory. Harry had told me he usually went to that spot alone, yet he had brought me. Why? He probably tells every girl that, My subconscious sneered at me. I wouldn’t be too terribly surprised if she were right. I couldn’t help feeling a little bit bad about the thought, however. I didn’t REALLY know him, I was just going off of assumptions. Call me jaded, but I’ve yet to meet someone to prove me wrong. 

We decided to call it an early night since we were going back to London early afternoon tomorrow. I took a quick shower to wash off the grime and dirt of the day, threw my wet hair into a bun and crawled into bed. 

HARRY’S POV-

“Harry, come on, mate. She ain’t gonna be here.”  I knew Carter was right, but I couldn’t help my eyes from sweeping over every brown haired girl they could find. I sat in the corner of the club, my ring clad fingers clutching the ice cold whiskey, trying to figure out what exactly I had done wrong. She just walked away. No invite inside, no goodbye kiss, hell not even a proper goodbye. This wasn’t a feeling I was used to. How DID I feel? Disappointed? Embarrassed? Rejected? The pang in my gut told me that was the right answer. Rejected. I had been rejected for the first time in a really, really, really long time. I felt like such a fucking shit for feeling upset over this. I slammed rest of my drink and honed my gaze in on Alix. If I was going to get over this feeling I was going to get under her. 

I grabbed two shots from the tray the cocktail waitress was carrying and walked the two feet to Alix. Her eyes had the kind of gleam one can only have from alcohol and the buzz of dance music. Her hair clung to her face, while her shirt clung even tighter. I brought my hands up to show her the shot glasses and she gladly took one. We each shot back the liquid and I placed the glasses over on the bar. When I made my way back to her, she was quick to grab my hands and place them on her waist. I took this opportunity to really make her feel this was where I wanted to be. 

My hands trailed down her thighs, then back up around the curves of her ass. I squeezed lightly and tried my damnedest to feel something close to lust for her. It just wasn’t there. When Alix turned to kiss my neck, it wasn’t there. It wasn’t there when I lead her out of the club. It wasn’t there when we were kissing and grinding against my car. It never showed up for me because it wasn’t her. This was probably why I found myself dropping Alix off at her place and heading to my own. I didn’t know who this girl was or why I wanted to, but I made plans with myself to drive to her hotel first thing tomorrow. 

******

It was easier than I thought it would be to remember the way to her hotel, but twenty minutes later I pulled up and parked. I checked myself in my review mirror before taking a deep breath and stepping out. 

When I arrived to the front desk I realized just how unprepared for this I was. I didn’t know what room she was staying in, what her last name was or what the names of the girls she was with were. I was left sounding like an idiot; sputtering out something out three American girls, one of them was named Ainsley—brown hair, hazel-y eyes. really pretty? Lucky for me the bill for people of that nature (and 20 Euro) helped me find out which room she was in.

I thanked the guy at the front desk and raced to the elevators. The ride up seemed to take twenty years, but finally I reached the floor. I ran my hand through my hair and knocked. No answer. I knocked once more, this time a bit louder. Again, no answer. I was about to knock one more time when the door opened. The house keeper stood there with her cart, a surprised look on her face. 

“Excuse me, is there anyone else in there?” I inquired.

“No, love. I’m sorry. This room was set to clean because they’ve checked out.”

Fuck.

A/N: Also, I'm thinking of doing another update later today since I'm on spring break and this took me years to put up in the first place. Share, Vote, Comment, whatever it. Thank you for reading. I love you. <3