44

Charlie

Khloe was no where to be seen. I hadn't seen her since first period and it was now lunch. Yet, she wasn't anywhere in the cafeteria.

"Dude, you look rough." Connor said, sitting down across from me, joining my friends.

I looked at him and shrugged. I already knew that.

I glanced at my brother's table and Tommy and Jake met my gaze. Jake narrowed his eyes at me and then looked towards the table that Khloe's friends usually sat at, as if to say, where is she?

I shrugged, I had no idea.

I pulled out my phone and texted her, but I didn't get a response.

Suddenly my phone buzzed.

Jake: where is she?

I looked at my phone, trying not to role my eyes as they could see me. I wasn't mad at Jake really, but he was sitting with them.

I typed back: I don't know.

Jake quickly replied: do you think she's okay?

I replied: I have no clue, but probably not after the way our brothers treated her.

My phone buzzed again, but I didn't check it. I didn't care what they had to say. Unless they could tell me where our sister was, I wasn't interested. This was all of their fault.

Suddenly, I saw a blonde haired girl in an oversized jumper walk into the cafeteria. Her head was down, looking anywhere, but in front of her, causing her to bump into a group of boys. When she bumped into them, her head shot up, causing me to see my sister's face looking at the boys, startled. I recognised the boys as Alec, Ace and Mark. They weren't the nicest boys to bump into. The saw Khloe and glared at her. I could tell one of them had told her to watch where she's going, but Khloe kept walking, heading to the cafeteria line. She didn't look in my direction or my brother's table.

However, I saw the boys that Khloe bumped into head towards my brother's table, taking the empty seat that were near Dean, making it clear to me they either knew or were friends with my brother.

My attention went back to Khloe, who was buying something at the cafeteria before she turned around and caught my eye. She looked terrible. I mouthed to her to come over to me, but she looked at me hesitantly, glancing at her friends table. They hadn't noticed her before seemingly sighing and heading towards me.

"Who said you could sit with us?" Jack said as Khloe took the seat besides me. He gave her a teasing looking, but I didn't appreciate the comment so I kicked him under the table.

"I did, asshole." I snapped, turning to Khloe.

"You okay, Khloe, you look upset?" Connor asked her.

Khloe gave him a small nod before unscrewing the lid of her water bottle. That was when I noticed that was all she had bought from the canteen.

"Where's your lunch?" I asked her.

She glared at me as if she was mad at me for asking such a question in front of my friends, but they didn't pick up on it. "I only had a dollar on me. I was really thirsty so I figured I should get water over anything else."

"I have cash." I stated, glaring at her, irritated. I bet she knew I had cash too. "And I bet our brother's do too, why didn't you ask us for some?" I asked.

She shrugged. "I wasn't going to go and beg them for money. I don't want to speak to them." She said. "And I thought you'd only have enough for your lunch."