Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I woke up feeling like there was something terrible waiting to strike. And then I realized what it was.

I had school.

I groaned, dragging myself out of bed. I looked at the clock, seeing that I had almost two hours left before I had to leave for school.

I took an hour shower, not bothering to mess with all the nozzels and modes. I opted for what I knew, and hoped it would be enough to untie all my knots and melt away all my stress. I got out of the shower, steering clear of the expensive products and chose my comforting Jergens, lathering myself up. I didn't wash my hair so I didn't bothering putting anything in it, it was fine. It hung thick and straight, in all its dark lusciousness.

I then went to my underwear drawers - excuse me, DRAWERS - and dug to the bottom past silky satins and sheer chiffons with names like La Perla and Eres, and chose my comfortable Hanes.

After slipping on my undergarments I made my way over to my closet. I flicked on the light, watching the room light up. I decided not to be too flashy, after all I wanted to blend it. I decided to not be corrupted into wearing the big name designer brands, and I chose something I was familiar with.

I pulled on a purple satin top, with spaghetti straps and loose chiffon ruffles in the front. I slipped into a pair of frayed and faded skinny jeans and folded them at the bottom because they were a little too long. I grabbed a faux leather jacket off its hanger and slipped it on. I slid into a pair of simple black flats with a beaded and rhinestoned bow at the top and stuck small silver hoops into my ears. Everything was from Forever21.

Satisfied, I exited my closet, shutting off the lights. I grabbed my big, black faux leather hobo bag that I held my school stuff in. I tossed my phone inside and made my way downstairs. I followed the delicious smell that wafted throughout the house.

"Good morning," my mom said smiling at me when I'd walked into the kitchen.

"Morning," my dad and I said at the same time.

"Breakfast?" the chef, Andres, asked.

"Sure," I said smiling, then I checked the time. I was supposed to leave almost ten minutes ago. "Shoot, actually I can't. I just realized I'm running late."

"Driving?" my dad asked.

I thought for a minute. "Um, no. You never gave me directions."

"Have Greg take you," my dad insisted.

I didn't want him to have to drive me, but I guess I had no choice.

"Okay," I agreed. I kissed my dad on his forehead and gave my mom a hug. "Bye, see you later."

"Have a nice day," they called out in unison before I left the kitchen.

I fast walked out of the kitchen, through the foyer, and outside. It wasn't particulary hard for me to spot the Escalade. It was sitting right there, big, shiny, slick, and black in front of the door.

Greg beeped the horn once. "Need a lift?" he asked, a smile on his face.

I smiled back and hurriedly jumped inside the car.

"Thanks," I said, shutting my car door. Greg pulled off almost immediately.

"It's my job," he said. I saw him smiling in the rear view mirror. "Besides, your dad told me I most likely had to take you anyway."

"I guess," I sighed uncomfortably. "Uh, do you know where you're going?"

Greg chuckled. "Yes, Ms.Avery. I do know where I'm going."