Chapter One

Chapter One

I opened my eyes to see a big, wrought iron gate opening to grant us entrance. I took in my surroundings breathlessly. We rolled slowly up a very long, circular driveway. I looked at the passing scenery, tall trees on both sides in the endless land. We reached the top of the driveway, a beautiful bright, colourful garden in the front yard, the big oak and glass french doors sandwiched in between it.

"We're here," my dad, Steve, said, putting the dark grey-silver Rolls-Royce Ghost into park.

"Finally," my mother, Lauren, said stepping out of the car as she clutched her brand new black Marc by Marc Jacobs Totally Turnlock Lucy bag.

I stepped out of the car hestitantly wrapping my arms around myself. I followed my mom and dad up the steps to the front door and stood there as my dad fumbled with the keys in the lock. After a couple of moments he finally got the door open and we stepped inside.

"What do you think, Avery?" my dad asked me, smiling brightly.

I looked around in awe. This was nothing like our old home.

Stepping in I was immediately greeted by cream coloured walls and a sparkling chandelier, which I'm pretty sure embossed real diamonds. I took a step forward into the big foyer onto the Italian marble floor, staring at the grand oak double staircase.

"Avery?" my dad asked. "What do you think?"

"Wow," I sputtered. It was all I could manage.

"Let me show you your bedroom," Dad asked, motioning for me to follow him.

I followed him up the stairs. We turned rightt and walked down the long, spacious hallway before turning left. At the end of this hallway there was a game room, and he stopped at the last door on the right.

"Your room," he smiled, opening the door.

I stepped in, my mouth open in shock and awe. The walls were a warm, cream colour and the floors were a light, oak. The bedroom was big. And I mean BIG. It was easily four times the size of my bedroom back home. Straight ahead from when you first walk in there were glass French doors. That whole wall had floor to ceiling windows with cream and white curtains that were drawn open.

There was a high rising queen-sized bed. The bedding was so cute. The sheets were cream coloured and the comforter was wide striped and blue, brown, and cream, with some of the stripes solid colours while others were polka-dotted. There had to be about a dozen pillows in various shapes, sizes, colours, and patters, some of them big and rectangular, some of them small and circular, some of them medium-sized and square, some of them solid colours as well while others were polka-dotted.

I walked forward and noticed the cream coloured built in dresser to the immediate left wall, which was to the right side of the bed. There was space left at the bottom where a chair was sitting. There was a big mirror above the dresser.

I walked over to the door to the left and opened it, revealing the biggest bathroom I'd ever seen. It totally took my breath away. It was almost the size of my bedroom! To the right was a bathtub/jaccuzi that could easily fit six people inside. To the left was a glass shower with a total of seven nozzels. To the front of the bathroom was a mirror that framed that entire side of the wall. There were cream coloured cabinets at the bottom and big sink in the middle. On the left wall were floor to ceiling windows and a big cabinet that started from the ground and went about three quarters of the way up the wall. There was a space in the cabinet where a flat screen television sat.

I exited the bathroom and collapsed onto my bed, it was so soft, my head spinning from all things big and elaborate.

"Well?" my dad said excitedly.