Chapter 10: Reborn Battle

"Janja." Kion sneered.

Those wicked, glowing yellow eyes reminded Kion of all that happened many years ago. No... it wouldn't happen again, he'd make sure of it. By Mufasa, he'd make sure no evil or harm would ever come to his
Y/N or his beloved family. Not ever. Janja cackled.

"Well well... the new king of the Pridelands. I hope things have been well, it's such a pity that-"

"Leave my family alone." Kion's eyes gave Janja a cold, hard stare... quite intimidating to say the least. Janja gave an evil grin, and motioned towards the sky.

"All of this... is happening because of her! It's finally happening Kion, the moment I've been waiting for forever!" he cried maniacally. Kion's eyes went wide.

"What do you mean.. you've been 'waiting for this'?" he asked. Tifu and Oren both shrunk in fear.

"You see... of course I knew Y/N was of royalty. But her father married a peasant. Too good of a peasant, it was disgusting. He was evil, Kion, the most evil of kings all through the Pridelands, the Outlands, and in the Land of the Sun! His mother and father were good... he changed all of that, turned the world into his image! He's a saviour! Our saviour!" Janja laughed.

"He's a monster! He's doing this to Y/N... my child! How do I know they're both still alive?! I promise you Janja, today, right here, right now, I will dispose of you for good, bring back peace to the land, make sure the circle of life completes another endless cycle!" Kion roared. M/N took Tifu and Oren behind a wall of rocks

"Do you know what is happening at this very moment?" Janja asked. Kion froze with fear. "Y/N is bringing back all of the evil spirits from the past. The evil within her has summoned them. And there's nothing you can do about it!" he taunted.

With that, Kion sheathed his claws and sprung. Tifu and Oren both screamed, they had never seen their father this way. But nothing happened. Instead of killing Janja, Kion had him pinned down and his paw on Janja's throat and was applying quite a bit of pressure. His teeth were clenched, his eyes held the coldest of stares.

"Where. is. Y/N?" he growled. Janja covered his face with his paws.

"Y-you're too late... she's already i-in the circle of spirits..." he whimpered. Kion's eyes widened.

"The... circle of spirits?"

With you:

"No... no, please! I'll do anything!" you cried as you bent over your son. Scar and Zira, along with your father, circled around you. A green light surrounded them, and was emitted onto you. All you felt was excruciating pain, for they were sucking every ounce of good from within you. Your Lion Guard symbol slowly started to fade, your fur became black, you eyes started glowing green. All of your claws became sharp, and as if on instinct, they sheathed themselves into the dirt.

Truly, you looked evil, and you could feel the evil coursing through your veins. You gave a sinister smile as you surrendered yourself to the spirits. The Land became dark, every creature fled. You didn't even notice the flash of golden fur racing across the Pridelands.

It was Kion... but he wasn't alone with Janja on his heels.

Kion's POV:

"Y/N!!!" I yelled. No... my queen... I couldn't bear to look at her. She was dark, she looked ready to kill. I looked beside her to see a cub... he wasn't moving.

My son.

"NO!!" I felt this rush of adrenaline pulsing through my body, Janja was right behind me as were Y/N's mother, Tifu, and Oren. I knew I wasn't going to make it in time... on second thought I knew I was too late. The circle of spirits disappeared and left Y/N standing right in front of me. I was still running from Janja.

"Y/N, snap out of it!" I cried. She wouldn't listen. Suddenly, a bright beam of light appeared and hit Janja... knocking him off his feet. I looked over to where the beam came from... and what I saw gave me huge relief.

It was the Lion Guard. All of their marks were glowing and was releasing a bright light. This was not just any battle... it was the battle between good and evil. And whatever happens in the end will determine the outcome of the Pridelands.

Rafiki was right... I need to rescue my love. My children. My family. My land. My home.

"I said I would look out for you, Y/N... but I failed," I said with my head bowed in shame. Y/N only looked at me with a blank expression on her face. How I wish I could see those E/C (eye color) eyes again, her shiny F/C (fur/skin color) pelt... I raised my head and gave a look of determination, "however I will rescue you, and I promise, from this day forward, I will always look out for you!"

Y/N gave me a sneer. Her voice came out as cloudy and echoy... like a spirit. She laughed a spine-chilling laugh.

"Oh my love... don't you see? What's done is done, it can't be reversed. This magic... this power... oh, I can feel it! It feels wonderful! Why would I need rescuing? Why should I trust you when all you did was turn your back on me? Do you see now?" she motioned her head towards our son, lying motionless on the ground. "THIS is what happened! all because of you! All because you didn't look out for me like you said you would! Now you will perish!"

Y/N's eyes glowed a bright green and sent a beam straight for me. I ducked, and tried to get closer.

"Mama! Stop it! You're scaring me!"

Tifu came forward with her ears pressed back.

"Tifu, no!" I cried. However when I looked back at Y/N, she was groaning, and looked like she was.. fighting. Her eyes were transitioning from paranormal green to her own. She was fighting it!

"Tifu... you n-need.. to st-st-stay back... I can't.. hold i-it..."

I looked towards the Lion Guard who were still guarding Janja. Seeing that their symbols were glowing, and so was mine, I had an idea. But I needed to move fast. I ran towards them, stopping in front of Y/N's mother.

"Please rescue my baby... please." she pleaded. I smiled softly.

"I will rescue her, I promise." I reassured her. She gave me a grateful smile. I ran towards the Lion Guard. And gave them a smile. They listened carefully.

"Alright guys, here's my plan..."

cliffhanger lol 🌝