Chapter Ten: Home & Apologies

-Tubbo's Point of View-

We were outside of The Empire walls, waiting for... something. No one was really telling me what was going on. All I knew was that I'm apparently a prince and my father is a king. A king who has been searching for me for years. I've been trying to think of how I ended up in a different kingdom. My thoughts were interrupted when a fancy carriage rolled up to us. I looked at it in awe. It was decked out in silver accents and looked pretty sturdy. It was also a covered one with doors. I had only seen one like this in a parade from the royal family. Even then, I didn't really see it. "You just gonna stand there?" My dad, King Schaltt, questioned with a smirk.

"I'm just..." I paused, "I'm just still taking it all in. I never expected to be the son of a king." I admitted sheepishly. He gave a slight chuckle.

"We can talk about it when we get home." He said with a faint smile. He then started walking towards the carriage. I quickly caught up to him, not wanting to be left behind.

"H-home?" I questioned. He nodded. I would have a real home. It made my heart skip a beat. I had never thought of a permanent home. I always thought I was going to be in the orphanage until I turned eighteen. I got into the carriage with the help of Schlatt. The doors closed and we were left in silence. The craft started moving, surprising me a little. I looked out the window and saw mountains of snow and all sorts of trees. I had never been outside of The Empire's walls.

"Oh," my dad suddenly said, "I heard you were becoming friends with the prince before..." He trailed off for a second.

"How do you know that?" I instantly questioned. He smiled.

"I have eyes and ears just about everywhere." He said, leaning back a little. "Anyways," he said quickly, "you still friends with the guy?" I looked out the window.

"I don't know..." I told him distantly. He took a deep sigh before leaning forward. I looked at him again.

"Look, I want you to be happy," he told me, looking into my eyes, "I want you to just be friends with whoever. Even if they are the prince of another kingdom." He said. I looked at him. I bit my lip, thinking about my answer.

"What's going to happen to them? The royal family?" I asked. He looked out the window.

"They'll either be put in prison or sent off to work." He told me plainly. I thought for a moment. Even if Prince Thomas was just... I don't even know, hanging out with me for laughs? I wouldn't want him sent off to a prison cell to rot away. Or to work somewhere where I could never ask why he talked to me in the first place.

"If he's my friend..." I said slowly, "does he get to live in the city or something?" I questioned, looking into my fathers eyes. He actually nodded.

"As long as he makes you happy (platonically), it's ok with me." He said, shrugging. I thought for a moment.

"Yeah. He's my friend." I said with a faint smile. I heard Schlatt hum or something before he stopped talking.

-Tommy's Point of View-

I was put in some weird carriage thing with Wil and Niki for some reason who were also restrained. The door was slammed shut, leaving us by ourselves. "What are they going to do with us?" Niki questioned quietly.

"I don't know." Wil said with a sigh. I glared at the floor.

"Why did they take Niki if you and I are princes?" I quickly asked, "What could they want from us?" I asked, looking at them. Niki looked away from me, seeming to be distressed.