5(b). Anchors.

Lunch break.

She, Clement and George walked out of class. Clement bounded out of class and was chattering away about everything under the sun. George was only half-listening. His mind was wandering in spaces Alessia never understood. She saw them both without any filters or partiality.

Clement was happiness personified. He listened to everyone's woes, gave them a sense of comfort and generally was the "big brother" kind to everyone.

George was ...insane. He could be nice. He could be absolutely weird. It all depended of how he felt on a particular day. He could transition from giving you advice to being a raging bitch in seconds. But he was a nice guy. Usually. Unless he was being creepy.

Alessia laughed. She never felt as animated as she did when she was with her friends.

Clement looked at her, a little startled. "What?"
"I'm thinking about how you people are the best thing in my life.", Alessia smiled.
"The feeling is mutual. Usually", George laughed.
Clement scowled and said, "No. Always. Shut up."

As they walked into the dining hall, Alessia surveyed the room. People chattering. Laughing. Acting like nothing was ever wrong. Hiding behind their perfect facades.
And then she saw her friends. She smiled. Clement and George were arguing animatedly about something stupid. Valerie had come down from her class early today, a pleasant surprise, and was laughing at the two boys.

"Hey girl! How goes it today?", Valerie said, smiling.
"Same old, same old. The universe is mayhem. I'm weird. School is fun. Usually. Other than the people part."
"We're all weird. Let's be weird together." Clement.
George winked - "Yeah. Let's be together." This is why he was creepy, Alessia thought.
"Remind me why I love you people again?", said Valerie.

"Shut up okay. You can't question love"
They looked up. Ruth. Alessia smiled. She was one amazingly strong soul. She had been through far more stuff than anyone could have imagined and she had stood through it all. She was a reed. She knew when to sway with the wind and when to stand firm. She was a hero and she didn't realize.

Valerie said, "Hey Ruth! How was class?"
Ruth smirked. "We had Math. Mr. Henson is evil. He chucked me out today."
George laughed. "He loves Alessia. It's like she's his long-lost daughter or something."
Alessia smirked, "I just happen to be smarter than you George. Don't kid yourself."
Clement wiggled his eyebrows and said, "But you're not the smartest. We all know who is."
"Can we not. Please. Not now. We're having a nice time here.", Alessia groaned.
They all laughed. "Sure hon, if that's what makes you happy. Not talking about the one person who seems to have made an impact." Ruth was a meanie.

They always did this. It always came back to him and her. Alessia stopped thinking. This was not the time. Not yet.

They got back to their classes before the bell. Someone wrapped an arm around Alessia's shoulder. She looked. Olivia. They both laughed.

She and Olivia had known each other since junior school. Their friendship was really, really, really strong. Olivia was Alessia's oldest friend. And that counted for a lot. No one had ever stuck around as long as she had. And Alessia loved her to bits.

Ms. Warrens walked into class. Alessia sat up. She smiled.

Clement, Valerie, Ruth, Olivia and George. They were so precious. Now she sounded like Smeagol. But honestly. They didn't know the impact they had on her life. They were one thing that kept her sane. They gave her hope. They were her friends. And in Alessia's world, that stood for a lot.

_________________________

You know who you are. I hope. My idiots. Here's what you signify:
v1bhanad1g: Valerie. You are my strength.
IAmWindOfDeath: Clement. You are kindness and gentleness.
Swift13Lawrence: Olivia. You are peace.
Divya: Ruth. You are my passion.
akshayashok5: George. You are hard workr. Sorry man, just couldn't resist. Your name means earth. No actually it means earth worker. Or farmer.

See I love you guys so much. *sobs* Longest chapter......