43. Wish You Were Here

"Wake up, Victoria" I hear Harry's voice; "Today is the day"

I open my eyes as the biggest smile appears on my face.

Finally.

After three days being stuck in the hotel, sharing my time with Harry and Liam (not that I complain, actually, I'm glad I did, but I missed having a bit of fresh air), today has finally arrived.

"I have to go and wake Niall, you okay with having breakfast by yourself?" Harry asks.

"I am okay with being left alone, Harry" I chuckle, "I was okay the other day before you went to the interview, I was okay yesterday when you went partying to celebrate Niall's birthday and I'm still okay now. I knew I came here and you would have to pretend I wasn't here and that meant being alone for a long time"

"I feel terrible for leaving you"

"I know you do, Haz" I smile, "see you later"

Harry gives me a thumbs up, blows me a kiss and exits the bedroom. Some minutes later, there's a knock on the door.

I ignore it, just as I've been ignoring it for the past days. It's usually the boys looking for one another. When you don't answer, they try knocking on another door.

But today there's a second knock. I walk to the door on my tip-toes, and look through the peephole.

I sigh heavily and open it.

"Took you long enough" he chuckles.

"Well, no one knows I'm here, so it's not a very sensible idea to open the door wide, is it?" I reply.

"No, you're right" Sam admits with a smile entering the room.

"What is it?"

"I'm here to talk about today's plan" he says sitting on the sofa.

"Okay" I nod.

"Wow," he sighs, "remember our first planning in Dublin?"

"Yeah" I smile.

"Who would have thought..." he chuckles; "Okay, back to business: Mark will take you to the stadium once the boys are doing the soundcheck so you can get out of here as soon as possible. I thought you'd like that"

"Yes, please" I say.

"You'll stay at some dressing room, or a tour bus or something" Sam continues, "Mark, Paddy, Liam, Harry and I will make sure no one but the five of us enters wherever you are, is that okay?"

"That sounds great" I answer with a smile.

"Then, once the boys are on stage, you can enter the stage area and... well, what was your plan?"

I stay silent.

I don't have a plan.

"Oh..." Sam says when he gets it; "Well, never mind" he says clapping and standing up, "you still have more than seven hours to figure it out"

Seven hours that go by really slowly.

My phone chimes a few minutes later after the boys leave the hotel.

Niall: Hey, I'm on my way to the stadium. Wanna Skype before you go to class ?

Me: Sure 😁