CHAPTER - 36

"Move!" Avni nudged me when I stood next to her in front of the mirror

"I'm getting ready." I roam my eyes on her, the navy blue and white Saree with an off-shoulder blouse hugging her curves flawlessly.

"You are checking your wife out." She rectified me as she brushed her long wavy hairs.

Dismissing her remark I button my white shirt as I fold my sleeves till my elbows.

"You are checking your husband out," I smirk when I feel Avni's gape on me.

She cleared her throat and looked away. Taking my navy blue blazer I put it on me, grabbing a comb from Avni I brush my hair.

"Idiot!" She gritted her teeth as she tried to pick a pair of earrings.

"Lemme help you." I make her sit on the chair as I peek in her accessories.

"No need, I'll wear these white earrings." She grabbed a pair of diamond earrings.

"Suits you." I gleamed at her.

"Okay, you are making me feel self-conscious go and sit somewhere till I get ready." She whirled her eyes at me as I keep staring at her.

"Mrs. Khanna, this watch looks good." I take the watch from the dressing table. Sitting on my knees I put it around her wrist.

"Thank you for helping me, now sit quietly for some time." She commented in a sarcastic tone as she slapped my arm. I sit silent as she did her touch-up.

Things are going quite outstanding. The first good thing that happened in the morning was coffee by Avni's hand then breakfast made by her and Mom.

Presently, we are getting ready to go to Neela maa's home. It's almost 1 in the afternoon, I plan to take Avni for an ice-cream date while returning from Neela maa's residence. Hopefully, we don't get disturbed.