Reader's Questions - By Delilah (_HakunaMatata_)

Hi everyone! If you didn't already know, my name is Delilah and I am _HakunaMatata_ here on Wattpad. Please bear with me as I try to answer questions the best I can and attempt to act like a professional.

        Before I start, I'd like to say a massive thank you to the founder of the Wattpad Block Party, Kelly, for being really awesome and giving me this opportunity. She's a really sweet person and if you aren't following her already, you should be.

        The next series of questions will be based off of things that my readers have sent in, or just frequently asked questions that usually clog my inbox messages.

  Question 1:

  Where do you get your inspiration for your plots?

  This question gets asked a lot and I never really have a good answer. Honestly, I'll usually just see something that sparks my interest and I'll try to turn it into a plot. For example, with my one book "Ready To Run", I picked up on lyrics from a One Direction song (pretty sure it's obvious which one it is, considering the title is the same) and then experimented with different story lines until I found one that I really liked.

  Question 2:

  How many words do you have per chapter and how long does a chapter take you to write?

  My chapters are usually around 2,400 words and take me a little under two hours, which includes the editing stuff as well.

  Question 3:

  How do you overcome writer's block?

  For me, I don't really think that writer's block is something that you can overcome. I think that when it does come, you just kind of have to ride it out. It can be a pain when people are asking you to update and you feel like you can't write anything good, but you should never post a crappy, rushed chapter just because people wanted a chapter. Try reading a lot and take a break from writing.

  Question 4:

  What do your friends think of your Wattpad account?

  They have no idea. As the girl who runs my fan account once said, I am literally a real life Hannah Montana. Dang flabbit, Miley. (I just tried to be funny and I am so sorry.)

  Question 5:

  What is the story behind your username?

  Really good question! A lot of people think that it's just a Lion King reference, which it is, but there is a back story. Many people don't know that I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (or PTSD), which gives me panic attack. The phrase "Hakuna Matata", which means no worries, is just a nice saying to think about because I deal with being worried a lot.

  Question 6:

  Do you have any writing tips?

  Yes! The biggest piece of advice I can give to people who are trying to write a story is this: HAVE FUN WITH IT. If you aren't having fun writing your story, then chances are the people reading it aren't either. You should also never continue a story just because some people want you to, because in the end of the day you are the writer and you call the shots. Do what makes you happy, write what makes you happy.

  Question 7:

  Can I translate one of your stories?

  Okay, so I needed to cover this here because literally this takes up the majority of my inbox. YES, you may translate one of my stories as long as I receive full credit. Also, if you do decide to translate one of my stories, send me the link to it as well.

  Question 8:

  If you had one wish, what would you wish for?

  Harry Styles. Sorry, not gonna spend my wish on world peace or anything.

  Question 9:

  Do you have any pets?

  Yes! I have three guinea pigs and they are literally like my children. I'm also pretty sure they are overfed. I also have a dog who things that she is a person.

  Question 10:

  How long have you been writing?

  Every since I was little, really! I used to love playing pretend and making different things up. One time in the first grade, this little boy wrote a book and read it in front of the whole class. And of course, I was a little attention hog and wanted to read my book to the class, so that night I wrote a story about Mickey Mouse and his friends going to the moon and I made computer art to go along with it, so I was basically the coolest 6 year old ever. Also, I literally spent 2-3 hours on it.

  I can just remember that day a bunch of kids had written stories and we all got to read them out loud and my teacher had promised that she would give us book covers for ours, but she was really blown away with mine (even though most of the words were spelled wrong) and only ended up giving my story a book cover. I still have it to this day and it's really special to me.

  Question 11:

  What is your favorite color?

  I can't even give you an honest answer because it changes every day. Today I'm feeling yellow.

  Question 12:

  What is your favorite food?

  Another question that is simply too difficult to answer. Right now I'm craving an ice cream sandwich though. I also frequently eat blueberry bagels.

  Question 13:

  What was your reaction when Motel 6 hit #1 for the first time?

  I think the first thing I did was scream. After a screamed a bunch, I got my phone and took a bunch of pictures of the little number one thingie. Then I told my parents. Then I freaked out a bunch. It was a really cool moment and I owe it all to the people that read my stuff (you're all really fab.)

  Question 14:

  If you could be anyone else for a day, who would you be and why?

  If you really know me, you already know the answer to this question.

  Harry Styles.

  And I really don't have to explain that one.

  Question 15:

  What is something that you want all of your readers to know?

  THAT I LOVE YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH. Seriously, when I sit back and think about how many people have taken the time to read my stories, my mind is always blown. I can't even comprehend it sometimes and I am so grateful for every single person that has followed me on Wattpad. Keep doing your thang, guys, because you're all really rad.

  I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED MY ANSWERS. And again, a big thanks to Kelly for letting me be a part of this amazing Wattpad Block Party.

  You can find me in these places:

  wattpad.com/_HakunaMatata_

  twitter.com/_delilahmae_