8) What He Wants - Nykulus POV

*Before reading* This chapter is from Nykulus' point of view, he also wrote it himself ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~

 I pulled my headphones from my ears. It was almost time for school. I hate that place, but I couldn’t wait to be there. To see her. I shut my laptop down, shoved it in my backpack and laced up my Converse. 

“If you don’t hurry I’m leaving without you!” I shouted as I raced down the stairs.

“Nyk! Don’t you dare, you asshole!” Amanda, my sister, refused to take the bus to school, so I ended up chauffeuring when her ditzy little friends couldn’t come pick her up.

Tossing my bag on the counter, I hopped into one of the three mismatched chairs that stood next to the cracked bar in the kitchen, and proceeded to wait twenty minutes for Amanda to slather cake onto her face and burn her hair to a crisp. She pranced down the stairs in her $300 shoes and brand name clothes that god knows how she got, and handed me a $50 dollar bill which I demanded that she pay for her rides to school. “There’s your drug money, loser.” $5 a day plus interest, which she was so convinced I spent on meth or cocaine or some shit. I pulled myself from the chair and followed her out to my car. The fifteen minute drive to school was hell, as always, but it was almost worth it.

 “So there’s this new girl in one of my classes. Savannah I think,” Amanda paused, and I pulled my sunglasses on so she couldn’t see my eyes. “Have you seen her? She just moved here from like, Michigan or something.” I rolled my eyes and reached for my pack of cigarettes in the console. I pulled a death stick from its tomb and sparked the lighter to life. I took a drag, and as the smoke billowed into my lungs I contemplated the question. If I say yes, she’ll question me to no end. If I say no, she’ll question my blindness in such a small school. “Nyk? Hello? Stop doing drugs you pot head.”

I took another drag of my cigarette, and slowly exhaled. “Yeah, we have a class together.” I kept my eyes on the road, my cigarette tapping against the steering wheel.

“Oh, well isn’t her hair just a disaster? And omg, like who even wears ratty jeans like that anymore, puh-thetic.” I let Amanda ramble on, trying to block her out so I didn’t punch her. She can be such a queen sometimes.

We pulled into the school parking lot and my eyes landed on my favorite Asian in the world. I swerved into a parking spot and hopped out to hug Victoria, my first friend at this hell hole. She had been gone for a week or two to visit family in Asia, and I was glad she was back, I had quite a bit to tell her.

“You will never believe what happened in Asia!” She started, squealing slightly. I covered my right ear from her shrieks, laughing as she hopped around.

I smiled, “No, no, no, me first. I need proper Asian help with my problems.” I pulled her over to our group of friends and quietly told her about Savannah, leaving out the kiss. I wasn’t ready to let that one out, because I wasn’t even sure what to think of it.

Just as I finished, Savannah pulled into the parking lot. She got out of her car and pulled out her phone and I glanced her way often as Victoria talked about some Asian k-pop girl she got to meet. God, Savannah was incredible, yet infuriating at the same time. A few minutes later her friend, Haley, showed up and after her, Jash. How clouded could her judgment be by hanging around that clown. All he is, is an overrated teenage dirt bag. She leaned into him and caught my eye. I scowled at Jash, and Victoria caught my glares.

“So that’s her? She’s pretty.” But that’s all Victoria could say before the bell rang and everyone started for class, obscuring my view of Savannah. 

I parted ways with Victoria, heading towards English. I couldn’t take it anymore. I pulled out my phone and texted Savannah. Skip class with me. No reply. I scribbled notes down every now and then, but my mind couldn’t stay connected to American Literature no matter how hard I tried. I checked my phone. No reply. The clock ticked slowly on the wall, and my teacher droned on and on about different poets. No reply. The bell finally rang and I threw my stuff into my backpack and walked into the crowded halls. I could skip without her. Or I could go to class and have her ignore me. Or I could hunt her down and drag her out of the building. I was preparing to find her when someone bumped into my shoulder. Jash turned to look at me, “Watch where you’re going, freak” he snarled. Fuck it. I planted my fist straight into his nose. He stumbled at the impact, shocked for a moment, but he recovered quickly. He slammed his body into mine, the weight knocking me off of my feet. I landed hard on my back, my head cracking into the tile floor, and my breath locked from my lungs. He pulled me to my feet, landing a sweet hit to my ribcage. I’m going to ache in the morning. I laughed as he pulled back for another shot, and before he could reach my lower abdomen, I kicked his leg out from under him. A teacher ran in to stop any further damage, and I felt an arm grab my wrist and gently tug me through the crowd of students shouting for bloodshed. 

She guided me through the halls and out a back door, leading me to my car. I watched her as she walked. Her straight blonde hair swayed with each step, and her bracelets brushed against her thin wrists. I stopped, “Savannah,” She turned to look at me and said, “Let’s leave before any teachers find us” And pulled me after her again.

We got into my car, and I peeled out of the parking lot, speeding away from the school. I pulled into Barnes and Noble and took out a cigarette. My hands shook as I tried to light it. I hate him. The lighter went out. I hate him. I tried sparking a flame to life but nothing would light. I hate him. “Fuck!” I slammed my fist into the dash, and Savannah jumped in her seat. I threw my lighter to the floor, and let my head rest on the steering wheel. She tugged the cigarette from my fingers, and I heard the scrape of her sparking the lighter. I could smell the burnt tobacco as she lit the cigarette.

I lifted my head up and she offered the cigarette to me. I reached out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her to me. I kissed her, our tongues dancing, our teeth tugging on each other’s lips. We parted only to take turns smoking, and eventually she sat in my lap with her back against the steering wheel. I paused to smoke, “Let me buy you coffee,” I said. 

She laughed. “Under one condition” she said. I raised my eyebrows at her and she smiled. “Never kiss me with any less intensity than that.” I chuckled and softly kissed her. We walked in and I ordered two coffees while she got us a place to sit. “So tell me,” she started as I placed our drinks on the table. “Do I really look like a child?”

I laughed and sipped from my cup. “No. No you look incredibly sexy. And that was a really good hit you got on Chris.” She smirked and brought the cup to her lips. 

After we had finished our coffee I took her to a park that Amanda used to love before she became queen bitch. “If you follow the right path, it’ll lead you to the creek bed. Its all dried up now so it’s just a lot of sand but its nice and quiet down there.” I told her while we walked through the grass with our fingers intertwined. I wanted to show her, but just before we reached the path Sigh and Chris waved to us from across the clearing.

Sigh pranced over to me in her sparkly dress and matching heels. “Nyky! I’ve been texting you all day! Why haven’t you responded?” She pouted, her arms pushing her boobs out of her low cut dress.

“Sorry Sigh, I haven’t really been paying attention to my phone.” She noticed our hands interlocked and shot a look at Savannah. “What’s Jash’s pet doing here?” She spat, putting her hands on her hips.

“Let’s just get out of here.” Savannah mumbled in my ear.

I looked down at her, apologetic. “Yeah, alright.”

As we walked away Sigh began to shout, “What a self-centered prick Nykulus Kale!” And I just blocked her out at that point.

“I’m sorry about her, she can be sort of a queen sometimes.” I tried explaining, but how do you explain someone like that? 

~~~~~~~~~

What did you think? Sinners Wattpad account is @deadweightliteweight by the way ;) tell him he needs to write more