Prologue

April 24, 2002

Age: 6

"Mummy! Can we go to the park now? Pleeeease," I beg holding the football in my hands. She smiles and nods.

"Let me go put on a jacket. You should too, baby, it's a little cold out," she replies. My eyes light up instantly. Finally! We can go to the park.

"Yay!" I cheer. I put the ball between my feet, so it doesn't run away from me just like my bunny, Bun Bun. I throw my jacket over me. 

"Arf! Arf!" barked Molly. She jumps in circles around me and starts licking me. I giggle and pet her head softly. 

"Mummy! Can Molly come too?" I ask her as she comes down the stairs zipping up her jacket and I zip mine too.

"Why not?" she smiles attaching the leash to Molly's collar. I grab the football and head out the door with Molly and Mum following right behind me. I kick the ball side to side with both of my feet. I look up and see the green park ahead of me, waiting to be played on. 

"Can I go?" I ask Mum pointing toward the grass. She nods with approval. I smile and start kicking the ball towards the park. I giggle and kick it again, but this time it hits a girl on the feet. Oopsy!

She turns around facing the ball down at her feet. She picks it up with her small hands. She looks up and scans the place to find out who's ball it is. I put my hand up informing her that it was me. She smiles and holds out the ball at me.

"I tink this is your ball," she says handing my ball back. 

"Thanks! Are you okay?" I ask checking her legs for any boo-boos. She giggles lightly.

"No, I'm fine. I promise," she says looking into my eyes. I was completely blown away. She is so pretty! Her eyes were the color blue like the sky and her smile was just beautiful!. Even though she was missing her two front teeth, but I think she was still pretty to me. 

"You look pretty," I told her twirling the ball in my hands. Her white cheeks turned to a pink color as she looks down at her little feet. 

"Tank you. You are pretty too," she responds grinning with teeth. I giggle at her comment. There was a silence and we were just staring into each other's eyes. 

"You have a funny voice. I like it." I feel my cheeks warm up a bit. Is that a good thing? "My name is Jocelynn." she says holding out her hand.

"I'm Lucas," I reply taking her small hand in mine and shake it. I notice how her hand was a lot smaller than mine.

"Does this mean we are best friends now?" she asks with her blue eyes twinkling. Kind of like the stars in the sky when it gets dark. I think about it for a little. 

"I think so..." Jocelynn brings her blue eyes back to mine. She opens her mouth to say something, but a voice comes out of no where.

"Jocelynn!" We both turn around to the direction of the voice. There stands a woman that seems to be her mum. 

"Yes, Mommy?" 

"We have to go now, honey. Say goodbye to your friend," said her mum. My face falls to a frown. But...we just met.

"Awh, okay. Bye, Lucas," she mumbles looking down with a sad face. 

"No, wait!" grabbing her hand again."Will I see you again?" I ask sticking out my bottom lip and tucking in my top. She nods without a second thought.

"Promise?" I said putting up my pinkie. She giggles and locks her pinkie with mine. Then she throws her arms around my torso.

"Promise," I hear her whisper. I give her a big smile and wrap my arms around her small figure. 

"See you tomorrow, Lucas!" she waves back to me as she runs to her mum's arms. I watch them both leave until I can no longer see them.

"See ya," I said faintly with my hand up still waving. Holy moly, I just made a friend. My very own friend! I never had a friend before...I guess I was cool for them. Or they were too cool for me. But who cares because, as I, Lucas Robert Hemmings, got myself a new friend. I turn around and run straight to Mum. 

"Mum! Mum! Guess what!" I grin hugging her legs tightly.

"Whoa there, bud," she chuckles,"What's up?"

"I have a girlfriend!"

__________

WOOOOO! Prologue is up yaaay! Come on cheer with me now 

This is an example of how the book will start out so it's so much easier to keep the events in order and not all confusing like last time ugh.

Well I hope you enjoy this little scene of Jocelynn and Luke meeting each other for the first time(: Let the story begin! xx