Chapter Forty-Nine ~ Insecure Alpha's and Dinner

T A T U M

     "...And so that's our plan," I tell everyone with a smile, excitedly grabbing Rose's hand as we grin at each other.

"It's not bad ladies... this could definitely be pulled off," Dylan says with a grin.

"Absolutely genius Tatum, this is why I listen to you over Odysseus," Asher says causing Odysseus to growl, I hold back a laugh at his words.

"I'm sold, well start to execute that plan tomorrow, we'll leave at seven am sharp... if everyone's ok with that?" Channing asks, his eyes scanning the crowd.

"Alpha Odysseus?" He asks, raising a curious eyebrow at him causing my gaze to set on Odysseus.
His eyes flick to mine.

"Sounds good," he says before his cold expression breaks out into a smile causing me to do the same.
"You did well girls," he continues as he looks between the both of us. I let go of Rose's hand and go to sit next to Odysseus. He grabs my hips and sits me down on his lap, wrapping his arms around my big stomach.

"I love you, that was amazing, I just hope it works," Odysseus whispers in my ear before placing a kiss on my neck causing my heart to pound. It was going to work. It had to work.

———

"So I heard the plan has been completed, I've heard it. It sounds like it'll work... good job guys," Alpha Jack says as we gather around the table for dinner, wearing tight lipped smile, not even decent enough to say 'good job ladies' like he was allergic to mere words.

"Yes, it was perfect, we didn't even have to change anything Alpha," Dylan says with a smile, leaning back into his chair.

Jack offers him an angry glare before looking down at the pre-plated food. It was clear he didn't like women succeeding. The more I get to know about this fool, the more I hated him.

"So where are you to first?" Tia asks, surprising me. It was the first time I had ever heard her talk, I look over at Channing and he looks at me in fear. I look to Jack and see him seething.

"Well... we're starting off around both of our packs to try and ensure our safety just in case they hit while we're in the midst of sorting peace and making alliances," I tell her, not wanting to leave her hanging in the midst of the shocked silence that surrounded us.

"That's a wonderful idea," she says to me before glancing at Jack and seeing his reaction to her speaking her mind. She quickly bites her lip nervously and looks down at the baby cradled in her arms.

"What's his name?" I ask Jack, gesturing to their newborn, trying to take the attention off Tia.

"River," he replies with a tight lipped smile.

"He's really cute, I'm sure he'll make a perfect Alpha," I say smiling at him, seeming genuine in the eyes of another.

"Thank you, under my wing I'm sure he will be," he says, smiling naturally for the first time since we arrived. I offer him a gentle smile back, River would be doomed without his mother.