Chapter Seven ~ Surprise

T A T U M

     I wake up to something warm

I wake up to something warm. I draw myself in closer, familiarising myself with this foreign feeling. What even was this?

I open my eyes and scream, jumping out of the bed in surprise and landing with a thud.

Odysseus's eyes widen as he looks over the edge of bed to see me mirroring the same expression. He laughs whole heartedly at me causing my face to break out into a small smile.

No I shouldn't be feeling like this. He's the enemy.

A scowl replaces the smile on my lips. I get up and head to the bathroom, locking it behind me. There was no way I was giving him to chance to come in.

I do all of my morning rituals before walking out of the bathroom. He throws me a pair of his shorts and another hoodie.

"Am I going to be wearing your clothes forever?" I ask him in a joking manor.

"Maybe," he shrugs, a small smile playing at his plump lips. I look into his deep brown eyes before realising he's already staring at me. A blush rises on my cheeks before I quickly run back into the bathroom, slamming the door and locking it again. I change into the clothes Odysseus had handed me before unlocking the door and walking back out.

"Tatum, I'm sorry for losing control last night," he says to me causing me to look up at him, his smile I was growing to like no longer in sight. He was dead serious.

"It's ok," I say looking down at the floor in front of him, not wanting to continue anymore with this conversation.

"It's not Tatum, I scared you. Maybe you couldn't hear the pain in your voice or see the hurt on your face. But I could... so I'm sorry, princess," he says to me, a small frown favouring his lips.

I keep my eyes down but nod my head in understanding.

"I've got work again today but I'll be free to hang out at four if you want..." he says to me, I look up at him through my eyelashes. Did I want to hang out with him?
"I'd love to get to know you more," he says looking sincerely into my eyes, my heartbeat increases as I quickly cast my eyes down at my feet.

Please stop doing this to me, you stupid mate bond.

"Yeah sure, maybe," I say to him. Not wanting to get his hopes up.

His smile fades a little, clearly feeling dejected by his mates rejection.

"I'm going to go and find Onyx," I say in a soft voice, no longer wanting to be around him.

"I'll be in my office if you need me," he calls out as I exit the room, the door clicking shut softly behind me.

I shake my head free of Odysseus and ignore the pang in my heart. I could feel the pain of my mate.