Life Span

San starts his day working out and training. When he was talking to his trainer, his beta ran up to him and puts on a worried face. "What is it Mingi?" San said feeling something bad is happening when he sees Mingi's face. "Your dad, he got his heart attack again," Says Mingi while panting but still with a clear voice.

San's father had been diagnosed with a heart attack four years ago. From there, his health had gotten worse. Today he got his heart attack again. San panicked and immediately rushed into the castle.

When he got into his parents' room he saw his father laying on the bed with a pale face, eyes closed, and his mother sobbing next to his alpha father. He dropped to his knees when he sees the view in front of him. He knows what was going on but couldn't process anything at the moment and all he could think of is his father. Tears are forming in his eyes as he looked at his peaceful father who is already asleep and woke up in another world.

He then goes up to his mother and hugged her from behind. "Is he really gone, mom?" Says San with a low and broken voice to his mother, still not believing in what he sees. "He's not fully gone San, all of the good things he made, his strength and energy is still here, but he sure is already peaceful up there," She said while looking up with a painful smile.

I hope you're doing fine up there. Now that all of your pain is fully gone, I want you to take care of yourself and be happy. I also hope that your strength and all of the things that you've taught me bring me to pick the right decisions. Rest well, father, San said inside of his heart while looking up, still hugging his mother.

On the next day, the kingdom held a funeral for the leader's pack. The view of his father's figure buried into the ground is devastating and hard to let go for both San and his mother. But eventually, they will have to let go and accept it.

Wooyoung's family is also there to attend the funeral. He could see the sorrow in San's eyes and he became sad too. Wooyoung lowered his head trying to hold in his tears. The younger always sees San's father as a cheerful, caring, and wise person. Plus he's really kind towards Wooyoung and pretty much everybody. So, knowing that he died was something Wooyoung would be sad about.

When the funeral ended, San and Wooyoung's parents also Mingi talked about making San the new pack leader and planning to do the wedding faster than they've already planned. As for San, he goes to his room immediately, not wanting to be in contact with anyone.

San hugged his pillow as memories from the past of him and his dad comes to his mind. He couldn't stop thinking about those memories and how he cherishes each one of them. Can't hold in his tears anymore, he burst out those tears from the unbearable feeling. As San continued to cry, he heard a knock coming from his bedroom door.

"San, you got a minute?" The sound of a high-pitched male from the other side of the door could be heard. San quickly rubbed the tears out of his eyes with his hand before opening the door. "Wooyoung? Why're you here?" The alpha said while squinting his eyes to adjust the brightness of the room. "I just wanna tell you uhh about the w-wedding thing and other stuff too," Says Wooyoung whose rubbing the side of his arm and kind of feeling awkward and also shy. "Oh sure, let's just go to the balcony," San closed the door behind him while leading the other to the balcony.

San leaned his back onto the balcony railings and looked at the other to start their conversation. "Disclaimer, this is just about what I heard so far alright?" The omega said to him and he nodded his head as a response. "So, I heard that our wedding will be held faster as well as you'll take your dad's throne to be the new leader's pack on the same day too," Wooyoung said to San as he just puts on a straight face. "Oh, so they decided to do that? Alright then," San sighed feeling the pressure but tend to not show it to Wooyoung as he keeps on his straight face. The younger was kind of surprised that the other was so laid back but eventually brushed it off.

"Also, I know it's none of my business but don't think or worry about your dad too much, I'm sure he's already happy up there," Woooyoung pats the shoulder of San and smiled a little to him. San nodded as he smiled showing his dimples to the other, he felt happy knowing Wooyoung cared for him.

"Aww, are you worried about me now?" San teasingly said to make the younger blushed. "No dummy is just that I know that you're sad about your dad, s-so what's wrong about comforting you!" The omega turns his head to hide his face away. "You're cute haha," San rubs his palm on Wooyoung's head and made his hair a little messy. The younger got mad and slapped the other's chest, then fixed his hair. San laughed and said sorry to him as Wooyoung still cutely pouts.