IX

Words: 1.4K

A/N: So like y'know how in Solangelo Nice smiles / laughs more with Will? I feel like it would be the same with Kam, so I included our Tammy Boy being happier!

Keefe POV:

I ran into the city of Atlantis, hand in hand with Tammy. Was it weird that I liked holding hands with Tammy more than Foster? I mean, I guess I never really hold Foster's hand that much, anyways.

As we were running, I asked, "So, where's the gelato place again?" He laughed. I've never really heard him actually laugh before, like, yesterday. It made me want to record it and replay it over and over again, but that would be kinds stalker-y. I settled for chuckling too.

"It's over there." He pointed to a pastel blue and pink place in the distance.

"Well then, LET'S GO TAMMY!" Still holding his hand, I was about to run before I realized that we lost Bi and Foster. "Wait, do you know where the girls are?" He looked around.

"They should be easy to spot, with their dresses and all, but I don't see them."

"D'you think something bad happened?" I asked. My mind was racing with the Neverseen, Mommy Dearest, and terrible, terrible things.

"K-Keefe? Are you oka-"

He got interrupted by a loud, "BOO!"

"What the heck Biana?!" I yelled. In a more scared and soft tone I whispered, "I thought you guys got kidnapped by the Neverseen or something..."

"Keefe, y'know they didn't mean to do that. They were just trying to pull a prank on the great Lord Hunkyhair." I looked away. Tammy squeezed my hand.

"We're sorry," Foster said.

"I know, it's fine, how would you know I would get so scared. I mean, I am the great Keefester after all." They all rolled their eyes at me.

"Whatever, let's just get some gelato already," Tammy said.

"Last one there's a rotten egg!" I exclaimed and ran to the building.

"Oh, you are so going down, Sun Boy." Tammy said and started running towards me. Once he caught up to me (which I admit was pretty quickly), we were both going at the same speed. I sped up a little, getting ahead of Tammy. I gave him my signature smirk. Right as I did that, he sped up too, and got ahead. In the end, he got there first. "I told you that I would win," he said smiling.

"You should smile more, Tammy. It makes your bangs look a little less terrible," I teased. He glared at me, but his cheeks were pink. It might've been from the running, but I hope it was from me. Wait, I hope it was because of me?!

"Gee, thanks," he said sarcastically. Before we could bicker more, Foster and Bi came towards up, heels in their hands.

"Wow," gasped Foster, "Breathing must be overrated to you guys."

"Why do you have your shoes in your hands?" I asked.

"Have you ever tried running in high heels, dummy?" Bi asked.

"Uh, no?" She glared at me. "But I'll take your word for it!" I nervously laughed. Everyone looked pointedly at me until we all started laughing. We walked into the shop and heard the bells ring, letting the workers know that a customer has arrived.

"Sooo, what flavor do you wanna get?" I asked Tammy.

"I dunno, I'm deciding between mango and raspberry."

"You could get both," I offered.

"Yeah, but then that's too much, and you can't have half a scoop of both, so I don't know what to do," he reasoned.

I mustered up some courage and said, "We could share if you want." He looked at me.

"Really? You would do that for me? Don't you want a different flavor or something? I've already had them all."

"It's okay, I like mango and raspberry anyways."

"Thanks," he said with a grin, and grabbed my hand (My heart is literally melting into a puddle of fangirling gelato). "Can I have a scoop of mango and raspberry, please?" he asked the employee.

"Sure, coming right up," he said as he scooped the flavors. I was about to ask for two spoons, but he already put two in. He didn't hear our conversation because he was helping Bi and Foster, so did he think we were a couple? Either way, we got our cup and went outside where the girls were already waiting.

"So, what flavor did you guys get?" I asked.

"I got strawberry," Foster said.

"And I got lushberry," Biana said. "What flavors did you guys get? Wait, why do you have one cup?"

"We got mango and raspberry," Tammy responded.

"And we're sharing it," I added.

"Nice," Foster said as she took her second bite of her pink gelato. Tam and I sat down next to each other, across from Bi and Foster. I was about to use my spoon to grab a bite of mango when Tammy did at the same time.

"Sorry," he apologized shyly. I grinned and took a spoon. As soon as I put in in my mouth, it melted into a mango heaven. It's sweetness coated my tongue and I savored the moment. As soon as I finished the bite, I grabbed another bigger one, and it was just as good. It was deliciousness at it's finest.

"Wow, you really have great taste in gelato," I complimented.

"Thanks. To be honest though, I've been here so many times that it would be sad if I didn't know."

"How much do you come to Atlantis for errands?" I asked.

"Not that much."

"Then why do you come here so often?"

"For the gelato," he replied with a smirk. Next thing I know, a giant bite of raspberry is in his mouth. I mock-gasped and took a bite of it too.

It was practically as good as the mango, forcing me to let out an, "Mmm."

Once we (sadly) finished all the gelato, Foster asked, "So, what do you want to do? We still have about half an hour before we have to leave."

"I dunno. We could take a walk or something," Tammy asked. I nodded my head before I realized what he was trying to tell me. I had to ask him out! Well, fake ask him out. I almost wished that it wasn't fake, though. Maybe, we could actually be something.

But what about Foster? I mean, I like her, right? But as I looked at her, she didn't seem so desirable. I mean, she was still cute, oblivious Foster, but she wasn't the Foster I thought I longed for. I looked at Bi, and I definitely only liked her platonically.

Finally I looked at Tammy, and I felt something different. I never noticed how he had silver flecks in his pale blue eyes. I noticed how when he tugged on his bangs, it meant he was nervous or embarrassed. I noticed that when I looked at him my heart beated a little faster. And lastly, well, I noticed I liked him.

I like-liked him even though he probably didn't like me. Then again, he did say that whoever he has a crush on likes someone that likes Biana, so maybe he thought that I liked Foster who likes Biana; which means that I was his crush. Did that even make sense? Either way, it was best not to get my hopes up, but nevertheless I couldn't help but to think that maybe, just maybe, Tam Dai Song could like me.

Okay, okay, I know it's SO cliche, but it's so cute! And Keefe finally realized his liking for Tammy Boi! Also, as I write this, we are only TWO reads away from 500! *parties* So, please, lmk whos POV you want (that isn't Sun Boy or Tammy)! Also, whoever's point of view you guys choose, it'll probably be in Chapter 11 (aka XI). Last but not least, you guys probably hate me that I've written nine chapters and I STILL haven't put Keefe asking Tam out! I promise that next chapter, Keefe and Tammy will be together, whether it's fake or real...   ;)   Vote and / or comment if you feel like it. Thanks you all for your support, whether you read this, share this, vote, comment, and / or follow me!

--Thalia