Chapter 2

A.N. I'm going to do the next part in California's POV. Let me know if I made any mistakes. 

Chapter 2: Texas

"Texas are you there?" the government asks, snapping his fingers in front of the states face.

"What do you want?" Texas growls. The state had been zoned out staring at a random tree out the window. Looking around he realizes they are in a meeting right now, probably discussing something important.

"That's the third time you've zoned out this week." Tennessee says. "You doing alright?"

"Mind your own business." Texas snaps. Ever since he found out who his soulmate is he has been out of it. His mind constantly wandering through flower fields, bible verses and soulmate marks.

He turns to gov. "What do you want?"

"I want to know how you are implementing the new covid plan." The government replies.

Texas takes a deep breath. "I am not going to violate the constitution by making people wear masks!"

Out of the corner of his eye he sees California roll his eyes. The sight causes Texas to hesitate slightly, but after seeing Alabama smiling, he snaps out of it and continues on his rant until he gets interrupted and the meeting moves on.

Afterwards lunch is served. Home made macaroni and cheese by Utah with the help of a surprisingly sober Colorado. Sadly, Texas gets stuck beside Florida and Louisiana as they hash out a plan for ruining some pour states day.

"We could move the books around on his shelf so he can't find anything." Florida smiles at his own idea but Louisiana shakes his head.

"We should hide his favorites in the governments room, give California another reason to be mad at him."

Florida giggles. "Perfect."

"Or you could leave Cali alone and bother Oklahoma." Texas says.

Florida smiles wider causing Texas to frown. "Standing up for him?"

"I just want to torcher Oklahoma." Texas says, quickly defending himself.

"That is a little odd for you sha." Louisiana says. "Don't you hate California?"

"Fine you can prank him." Texas growls. "But I still think it would be better if you pranked Oklahoma."

"Alright then." Louisiana says. He motions for Florida to follow him and the two sneak out to cause mischief.

Texas sighs. Why did he defend the nation state? He hates the guy. Right?

As he heads to his room to finish some paperwork, he bumps into California himself, literally. "Sorry."

"It was my fault." The other state stammers. A blush creeping up his neck. Texas just shrugs and continues down the hall.

He sits down at his desk and puts his head in his hands. With a sigh he looks up, grabs a pen and gets to work reading over paperwork to start putting in place the new Covid plan so the government wont bother him about it anymore.

He can't seem to focus though. His mind keeps traveling back to California. Back to thoughts he tries to keep himself away from; how cute California looks when he is defending his point in a meeting, or when he is curled up reading in the living room never looking up but still having whole conversations. He shuts them down quickly, but they keep popping up.

"Ughh." He thinks of how much he actually liked Hidalgo. How could that feeling be wrong? Somehow, he still doesn't understand, even though he has been defending the point for hundreds of years.