Chapter 3

Your POV

I enter the school grounds while watching over my shoulder every once in a while. There is something spying on me, but I don't know from where. I hide in a closet, a bat passing by to presumably continue searching for me.

[Due to staying hidden, a new skill has been unlocked]
Stealth - LV 1 (Active)
It's not always smart to confront a target head on. Just hide until the golden opportunity comes before moving.
-Can't be detected by targets under your level
-Higher level enemies have the possibility of detecting you
-2x damage increase to sneak attacks

It flies away from my sight before I decide it's safe enough to come out. I go to class while looking to see if there were more people following me. No one is in sight but my guard is staying up for now.

One school day later

While saving Asia, I forgot a few tiny details that I should have seen coming.

1. Everyone who was there, heard my name
2. I am the only American here.
3. She saw my face and comes to school here

So now, a certain neko is following me. I only got a glance of her in a window while she was hiding behind a wall. So I bought a skill to help me. It was a damn expensive one too.

Organic Detection - LV 1 (Active)
Sense the presence of anyone in your vicinity.
-All lifeforms in a 10m radius can be detected

Koneko is shown on my minimap as a yellow dot, sometimes disappearing and reappearing. While this game of cat and mouse is fun and all, I end it by going in an abandoned alleyway, creating an empty dungeon and traveling home. When reaching the front door, I exit the dungeon and enter the house.

"I'm home." I yell.
"You don't have to yell, I can hear you." Marietta says from the living room.
"What have you been doing the whole day?" I ask while throwing my backpack next to the couch.
"Watching this play called Twilight that makes fun of vampires. What idiot thinks vampires sparkles?" She says.
"People have their imagination, especially if they have never met any vampires." I point out.
"Still, I am offended by it." She says with a pout.
"Well, will dinner make you feel better?" I ask.
"I suppose so, but I expect only the best as a countess."

I go to the kitchen and take out a few ingredients from the refrigerator to make something I made a lot, burgers.
I grill up some patties, slice some vegetables and pile up everything. I use [Observe] on one of them to see their quality.

Unlocked Recipe: Hamburger

Hamburger - Excellent quality
Nothing is more delicious than a juicy hamburger to satisfy a freedom loving patriot. 🦅
-Restores 100 HP

I put 2 hamburgers on 2 plates each and take them to the living room. Marietta turns around and licks her lips.

"Ooh Y/n, you brought me some fresh meat." She says with hunger in her eyes.
"Don't say it with such a face." I say.

She takes her plate and takes a bite from one of the burgers. She stops chewing and stars appear in her eyes. I bite into mine and give a satisfied sigh. This is the stuff I expect an expensive restaurant to serve. I can get used to this Cooking Skill.

"Say Y/n, do you feel like we are being watched." Marietta says.
"Wait, let me check." I say while pulling up the minimap.

I see a dot on the minimap. I put both my hand on my chin and sigh. Why did I get myself into this mess. I should have used a fake name but my dumbass blurted it out for the whole world to hear.

"Do you want me to do something about our uninvited guest?" Marietta says.
"No, I'll deal with this later." I say before eating my second burger.

We eat our burgers in silence while watching a movie. After finishing up, I take both plates and take them to the sink.