Chapter 1 - It's Him. Mr Damon Smith

{There you are, like the man of my dreams. There you go, saying all of the right things.

Thief - Alexander Jean}

Chapter One - It's Him. Mr Damon Smith

I was one of the last girls to leave the changing room, and because of that I was forced to drag the hockey kit out onto the pitch. The rest of the girls where huddled together, trying unsuccessfully to warm their frozen forms.

"Right, pay attention you lot!" Miss Knight, our P.E teacher, shouted as she marched up and down in front of us like a drill sergeant. "I want to see you all stretch for five minutes and then do a lap or two around the field. Then, I'll split you up into teams so you can play a friendly game of hockey."

I snorted, knowing full well that when Miss Knight said a 'friendly game of hockey', she actually meant a torturously long game filled with competitive girls wildly waving their sticks about, and charging up and down the field whacking their opponents ankles.

I took my place beside Lucy and started stretching along with the rest of the girls, feeling completely out of my comfort zone as we begun bending our bodies in such a way that left me feeling like an elasticated ribbon. It was only when Lucy glanced my way and asked if I was alright on account of my purple face that I decided to call it quits.

Just as our stretching session was wrapping up, another class - consisting of twenty guys from the year above - walked out onto the opposite oval and began to play a friendly game of soccer. This of course led to every girl this side of the oval to stop mid-stretch and gape, all thoughts of being human freezer blocks forgotten as they hurriedly fixed their shirts and smoothed down their windswept hair.

I couldn't help but stare to, only not in the direction that was expected. The girl across from me, Moana, had made the unfortunate decision upon seeing the boys to set loose her hair, probably fancying herself as looking like one of the girls off of the shampoo commercials. And she did too.

For about a second and a half.

The wind picked up again and tried to take off with her hair. It now resembled what looked like an angry cloud of demons that were attached to her head.

Suddenly, Miss Knight's whistle went off next to my ear, potentially deafening me as she screamed into the wind,

"Ok girls, its jogging time! Go, go, GO!!"

So off we went. I tried to keep pace with Lucy as we ran, but as we neared the half way mark I could feel myself beginning to tire. I had never been keen on running, or exercise for that matter, and today was certainly no exception.

As we stumbled onto our second lap, I gave up, deciding then and there that the last of my energy would be dedicated to comedy, not exercise. I dropped to the ground, crawling after Lucy and calling her name weakly until she glanced round. But to my disappointment she only shook her head sadly and kept running.

"Lucy, please help me, HELP ME!" I cried dramatically as I shuffled after her, but Lucy only tossed her head and laughed, using her thumb and index finger to send me the loser sign before sprinting off towards Miss Knight. I sighed and stood up - my comedy having been wasted upon a person of whom I relied strongly upon to laugh at every joke I ever make - dragging my feet as I jogged slowly after her.

I muttered uncomprehend able ramblings under my breath, before another icy gust of wind slammed into me, causing me to veer sharply to the left as I bumbled my way after Lucy. I looked around myself at the other girls, noticing how they all seemed to slow down as they passed close by to the group of soccer enthusiasts, no doubt trying to admire their ball skills discreetly from a distance. Some of them where even going as far as to stop and retie their shoelaces, which had conveniently come undone just as they were passing.