Chapter 2: Growing Up

Growing up, you encounter many challenges. Quests, if you will. Quests that you must complete in order to become you. The majority pass and continue on with their lives, becoming their true selves and carrying on. Some, some aren't as lucky. Some stumble and fall. Some end up surronded by shadows and darkness. Some end up losing themselves, forever trying to defeat their demons and jump their hurdles to feel like themselves again. They watch, enviously, as the world continues. Their screams becoming trapped in the abyss that their whole being has been sucked into and they become lost in the void. Oblivion is A common fear for most. A cold reality for some. Unfortunately, I am one of those people. This caused a shadow of my former self to live my life and particpiate in my relationship. Yet, the real me started shining through. I gained strength and I gained friends. I Gathered my will power and fought. I Tussled and brawled with the opressing power of self loathing and doubt. I jumped my hurdles, only to be tripped by the one that motivated me to do so. Only to be kicked to the ground and reminded once again of what I've always been told. I'm not good enough. So I sat and I reflected. I sat and I broke. I sat and sobbed my fragile heart out. I yearned for one more conversation, one more moment of her perfection, before being brutally torn from her presence. Being barricaded out and isolated. Before being sucked down the abyss once more...