Chapter 11

I redact my previous statement, it was absolutely a Cinderella story moment. Combined Esme and Russell's family apparently have the funds to take even your most average person and make them look MET gala worthy.

Somehow my skin looked smooth and unblemished, which I'm confident it hasn't looked since I Was born. There wasn't much they could do about my rectangle shaped body, but Esme did let me borrow a dress that at least made me look like a glitzy rectangle. 

"You ready?" She said turning to me. She was like the sun peaking up over the horizon -- that bright, that dazzling. She was sheathed in silk and built like a marble statue. She had curves that could make a coke bottle jealous. She was the absolute definition of bridal. 

I gulped, "I guess."

She lead the way from her bedroom to a sprawling marble staircase that opened to a ballroom filled with guests. I hid behind her hoping I could eclipse myself, but Russells'mom caught my arm.

"Olivia, dear, it's so good to see you!" She chirped. Ms. Clark had decorative feathers in her hair and jewels dripping from her collarbone. 

I grimaced and gave her a meager hug, "So good to see you too."

She twirled me in front of the guests she was entertaining. "Imogen, Paul, this is one of Russell's childhood friends. She's quite charming, despite the fact she did pee her pants every day through the third grade."

I dipped my head in embarrassment, "So nice to meet you all." I muttered over their laughter.

"Olivia, you'll have to meet our son he's here somewhere."

I nodded and brushed past them. I made a beeline straight for the refreshment table. There was a chocolate fountain that practically beckoned me to pour myself a cup and chug it. While I was in the middle of my first quarter life crisis, an elbow met my cup and chocolate meandered its way down my dress like I was the chocolate river out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

A crooked nose, disheveled black hair, and brown eyes came into view. "I think you look better like that."

"Okay Augustus Gloop." I replied, while brushing at the chocolate stains with a handful of napkins.

"You shouldn't wipe at those stains," He says, taking them from me, "You should dab at them." 

My face burnt crimson as he dabbed from mouth down to the neckline of my dress, "Hey, watch it Augustus."

He smiled, his crooked nose the centerpiece of his whole face, "I wasn't aware there was something to watch." He feigned looking me up and down. "In fact, there was so little to watch I bumped into you."

At this point, I wasn't sure how many shades of red my cheeks had turned. I snatched the napkins out of his hands, "If there's so little to see here why don't you find yourself elsewhere?"

He bent his head so he was close to my face "I would, but you have my attention now."