♡ rather be ♡ | cashton

title: rather be

ship: cashton

description:
we're a thousand miles from comfort, we have traveled land and sea.
but as long as you are with me, there's no place i'd rather be.

or where ashton is terminally ill and calum finds comfort spending time with him. (tbe)

♡♡♡

when ashton irwin was ten years old, his family was caught in a terrible accident, leaving his father dead, his mother in critical condition for a year, and he and his siblings to be taken into custody by his grandmother until his mother was healed. two years later, he discovered excruciating pains in his lungs and chest. though the pain was unbearable, he brushed it off. these pains continued for a year, becoming worse until one day ashton was collapsed on the kitchen floor, coughing up blood. since that day, ashton has been in intensive care with a rare disease that cannot be cured.

calum hood is painfully depressed. his mom walks in on him writing his suicide note, and instantly pulls him out of school for a couple weeks to pull himself together. to keep a close eye on him, his mother makes him stay with her as she works as a nurse in the intensive care unit. during his week, he finds comfort in being with one specific patient. with this newfound happiness, though, comes with newfound pity and agony.

♡♡♡

so i got this idea from listening to multiple songs (cough cough thERAPY). and idk i just want to write a painfully sad fanfic tbh. i may make a few changes before writing though.

what do you think??