<13>

I walked out of the school building with a crowd of students that wanted to get out just as badly as I did. Just two more days. Only two more days of senior year. Every other senior was just itching for these next few days to pass. Well, technically there was still one last day of classes on Monday, but none of the teachers actually do anything or assign work. It is more of a goodbye day. Signing yearbooks and saying goodbye to people you won't see over summer, or in some cases ever again. And then there are finals for the rest of the week, and I only have one on Tuesday.

I was walking out to my car when I felt a hand on my back. I jumped and looked over my shoulder to see Michael smirking back at me. I rolled my eyes at him and he fell into step with me. "I didn't see you earlier, I figured that you had skipped again," I said.

"I skipped my morning classes, but came in for chemistry seventh period," His hand slid down to my lower back, "Just for you Princess."

I felt a few pairs of eyes on us. I smiled and shook his hand off of me. "There are too many people around for that," I said softly. He groaned and placed his arm around my shoulders instead. "You're always touching me," I said with a smile.

"Is that a problem?"

I shook my head, "Not exactly."

"Good." I walked up to my car, and Michael followed me rather than walking over to his own car. I looked up at him and leaned against the warm white metal. He placed one hand on my car, just above my shoulder. I looked down at his outfit; a flannel, black jeans, and his boots.

"Michael it's eighty degrees out," I said pulling at his flannel, "How are you wearing all this?"

"You can take it off if you want to," I laughed and rolled my eyes at his terrible comeback. It was weird, we were both acting like yesterday never happened, or maybe it just made us closer. He took a step towards me. "Do you want to come to rehearsal tonight?" I nodded my head. "I'll pick you up at seven."

He moved his hand up to my neck, just like he does before he kisses me. "Michael..." I warned. I could feel every other person in the parking lot staring at us. If people are so shocked by Michael putting an arm around my shoulders I had no idea what they would think of a kiss.

He leaned back a bit. "What?"

I looked around, "There are people here. People that we go to school with."

"So?"

I stuttered a reply. Michael just chuckled and brought his lips down to mine. And a swear to god, I heard someone gasp. Michael must've heard it too, his lips curling into a smile against mine. I rested my hands on his hips and let him kiss me.

When he pulled away, he looked around at all of our peers staring at us with wide eyes and dropped jaws. He smiled to himself. "I'll see you later tonight, Princess," He said with a wink and walked around his car.

I waved a small goodbye to him and looked around the parking lot with pink tinted cheeks. And as soon as I closed my car door, I heard all the chattering begin. A few things stood out:

"I didn't even know they knew each other."

"Holy fuck, did you just see that?"

"When did they even get together?"

I smiled to myself. I wasn't going to lie, I liked being the center of attention. And it was different to hear people talking about something other than my class rank.

•••

When I got home all I did was count down the minutes until Michael picked me up. I dressed in head to toe black and kept my hair's natural waves. He showed up perfectly on time and I ran down the stairs, right past my father's judgmental glare.