<28>

I laid there for a long while wrapped up in Michael's arms. We were face to face with hardly any room to spare between us. My hands were under my pillow to support my tired head, and Michael, of course, had his hand on my neck with his thumb softly rubbing my jaw and cheek and his other arm was draped around my middle with his hand gently resting on the curve of my lower back. Every now and then he would place a light kiss on my lips when I was in the middle of a sentence.

I mindlessly rambled on, like how I used to during our sessions. I talked about him, about the band, and about my miserable week without him. I found myself repeating the words, "I love you," frequently. I had wanted to say it to him for weeks and now that I could say it, it was all that came out of my mouth.

I said the beautiful phrase once more, and Michael replied with, "I know, Princess."

I smiled and kissed his nose quickly, and then sat up and started to get out of bed. But then Michael groaned loudly and pulled me back to him. I laughed as I fell back into his chest. "Where do you think you're going?" He murmured into my neck.

"I wanted to start a bath for us," I said, "And also maybe change my sheets. You kind of made a mess."

He rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry, I was too busy with trying not to impregnate you that I forgot about your precious linens, Princess." I stuck my tongue out at him and pushed myself up again. I walked over to my bathroom and as I did I heard Michael also say, "My god, your ass is beautiful."

I smiled at him over my shoulder. I loved it when he complimented my body. It gave me more confidence and boosted my own self-image.

Michael was close behind me as I walked into my bathroom and he and leaned against the doorframe. "You have your own bathroom?" I nodded. He smiled wide, "I love your palace, Princess."

"Thank my parents," I said with a laugh.

He inhaled sharply, "I don't think your dad wants me to talk to him, let alone thank him."

I started the hot water. "Don't worry about that, you'll grow on him sooner or later. He kinda has to like you now, I plan on keeping you around for a while Michael." I sat on the edge of the tub and faced him. "And look, you grew on me."

"Okay, but I really don't want to date your dad."

I rolled my eyes at him and he cracked a smile of his own. I stood up and walked across the little room to a cabinet that had all of my bath essentials inside. "Rose, lavender, or vanilla spice?" I asked.

"For what?" Michael asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"For the bath."

"You don't have any Mr. Bubble do you?"

"No," I said through some laughs, "I have adult bath melts, none of that stuff for kids."

"Melts? What the hell is a melt?"

"Michael honey, baths have changed since you were a child."

He walked over to me and picked one of the melts up and inspected it. "I don't understand, it just looks like soap. Is it soap?"

Ignoring his question, I took the one he held in his palm. "Rose, nice choice."

I unwrapped it and placed it in the tub. "I still don't understand," he said.

"It dissolves in the water and makes your skin soft and then you smell pretty." I turned around to look at him and I saw that he thought that all of this was stupid. I extended my hand out to him. "It'll be nice, I promise."

He grabbed my hand with a slight smile across his lips. He stepped into the warm water in the tub and sat down with his arms around the rim. I smiled too as I stepped in and situated myself between his legs.