Chapter Three : The Nameless Boy And The Lost Girl

Falling For Hunter - Chapter Three : The Nameless Boy And The Lost Girl

To say the Old Green House was the creepiest place on Earth would be a massive understatement. Sure there were a million places on Earth that were spine chilling, but if there were a contest this place would at least get runner up. I snapped my head in all directions searching out the girl who had wanted me to meet her here, but there was no sign of her.

"Malice!" I called out. The wind was my only respond. I pushed the bundle of towering tree leaves out of my way, deciding to circle the green house.

It was nothing but a small dilapidated shed now with vines hugging it like a mother to her child. The vines stretched over the other side of the roof while dead plants lingered on the ground floor. I let out a sigh once I came back to where I first started. 

About to leave, my heart did a back flip when someone cleared their throat. I turned around slowly and met the eyes of your favorite tough girl. She was sitting on the half demolished brick wall, a small opened black book in her hands and her eyes with heavy dark eyeliner showed no emotion.

"You're here." I said with a comforting smile, hopping over a rusty oil can. 

She scribbled something on one of the pages with a black marker then glanced up at me from the book. "Isn't it obvious?"

Enduring the bland coldness of her voice I took a seat next to her on the hard wall. I kept my hands awkwardly in my lap, trying to get a peek at her open book.

"So you're really good at this, aren't you?" Her eyes snapped back up to me making me jump. Hoping she didn't catch me being too inquisitive I looked elsewhere while answering.

"That's what I've been told." 

Her hand hovered over the yellow page slowly, "Well I don't need good. If anything I need great. I don't need you to make me look like a fool, got that?"

If my head shook anymore rapidly then it just did then there was a chance it'd drop off any moment now. I couldn't believe how obeying I was being. In order to be successful in this I need to loosen up. I didn't have to fear Malice - so why did I scream and jump off the wall when she reached into her pocket ?

"Relax, loser. It's just another marker. The other one ran out." She said blandly, shaking the marker in her hand. She popped the cover off and continued in her book.

"I think you know how this works. You tell me who you like, I do my magic and everyone's happy." I smile and she doesn't bother looking up from her book, still resuming to doodle or write or do whatever she's doing.

I go to say something, but she's already talking. "I've never felt this way before." She says, making me shut my pie hole.

I give her the notion to continue. "He seems different though I've never actually talked to him. But I think he's like me - you know.. striving to survive in a bitter world with people obsessed of their possessions, worrying about the littlest things, planting their seeds today instead of tomorrow."

"He's  not like one of those people, he's different, I can sense it."

"What's his name?" I ask just as her lips purse together to make words, but instead of hearing her frigid voice my pocket begins vibrating and eventually my ringtone disrupts the quiet atmosphere.

I reach into my pocket and pull it out, recognizing the name of the contact calling. It was my step dad Nick. There's a chance I'll have to babysit our cousins for the night.

I rolled my eyes and pressed ignore as I got up, brushing the back of my pants off. "We'll have to finish this conversation later. Tomorrow after school is good for you?"