Chapter One : You Need My What?

© Civilized_Nerd

"When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far and nobody can keep them apart."

Falling For Hunter - Chapter One

  "He's not going to propose to her." I disagreed aloud. 

"Of course he is. You're going to miss the rest of the movie!" The voice of my best friend yelled deafeningly across my pristine and decorative living room.

Her set of chocolate brown eyes were devoted to the television screen to the point of her hand actually missing the bowl of popcorn in her lap which I found strenuous not to laugh at.

"Did he propose yet?" My mother shouted from the kitchen. The closing of cupboards followed behind her shouting. 

  My best friend Kirsty responded with a 'No', which was the answer my cheerful and lively mother was looking forward to hearing. 

     I tossed a popcorn in my mouth and my amber eyes directed their attention back to the screen just like the light brunette's in front of me whose legs were fixed comfortably in my lap. Weird I had just noticed that.

"He should've went to Kay's. That three carat ring is not going to cut it." Kirsty shook her head dissapprovingly at the gorgeous male actor in the movie presenting a ring to the female lead.

I guess I was wrong.

         This is how Sunday nights were spent. Surrounded by three boxes of comforting tissue, chick flicks, Nutella, popcorn, my extrovert best friend and my mother whose still in denial because of her  fortieth birthday yesterday.

 You see; My mother is one of those mothers. Those mothers who wants to re - live their teenage years and keep them on an incessant replay. But I couldn't blame her. No one wants to get old. 

       Although an advantage my mother had was her looks meaning you had to see some credientals to believe her age. Both of us were beautiful, but she could have passed as Kirsty's mother than mine seeing that the two conviently had the same color eyes and hair, but of course differed in age.

"Okay, I've got marshmallows!" Mom rushed into the living room with a plastic bag of mini white and fluffy joys of heaven. Without questioning, I snatched the bag away. And like some rabbid squirrel tore through it.

  Marshmallows are my weakness. Superman had his kryptonite and Aria Beckham had her marshmallows. It didn't get any more simpler than that.

"Jeesh, save some for me." Kirsty grumbles with a truck load of sarcasm and I thoughtfully hand her the bag that now is nearly half empty.

She took it reluctantly unable to resist the urge of eating them which was a weakness that we both shared and let her hand swim through the bag. 

  My mother huddled beside me, eager to hear the male actor's speech on his undenying love for the female. All of us were eager. So eager that were basically almost closing in on the television.

Almost.

   Just as the male pursed his lips to speak the television glitched. The glitching then transformed to a full on black screen. Kirsty and my mother were almost on the verge of hyperventilating and freaking out.

"Guys, calm down. It's probably just the doorbell glitch again." I said calmly being the peacemaker as usual. For some reason whenever someone rang the doorbell it would be silent for the first time. Momentarily the television would glitch then the second time the bell was rung we could finally hear it.