Chapter 11 : Gaining Trust

Here's the next chapter! Enjoy! 

(Note : I watched the episodes with Tristan and Joey dueling, and when Joey dueled Rex for Mai but I decided to skip it due to its not too important at this time. I'm trying to get to the real drama that's coming up very soon in the series! XD)

Chapter 11

Gaining Trust

~Everyone's P.O.V.~

After Joey dueled Rex, took his star chips, and gained a new card; Yugi and the Gang decided to stop and set up camp somewhere since it was starting to get dark. Yumi kept very close to him since she was slightly afraid of being in the dark forest. 

"It's okay Yumi. No need to be afraid. I'm here." Yugi smiled at her, as she held tightly onto his left arm out of fear. 

"I just don't like the dark...It's scary at times." She whimpered

Serena out of the blue screams at the top of her lungs and jumps into Darien's arms. She freaked out everyone as they froze. 

Yumi then hid behind Yugi, shaking. 

"What is it Serena?" Darien asked her, calmly. 

She pointed to a few bushes that were nearby. "I heard something rustling in the bushes!" 

Luna who has been quiet throughout the journey so far, popped her head out of the bushes and meowed. 

Everyone sighed in relief and glared at Serena for scaring them. 

She shrugged and rubbed the back of her head nervously. "Hehe, oops sorry. I just got a little carried away." 

Luna's red eyes rolled in annoyance at Serena and she rubbed her head against Yumi's leg, since she noticed she was still hiding. 

"Oh thank goodness it was you Luna." She giggled and picked her up in her arms. 

"Alright, lets keep going." Joey said, and everyone started to walk again. 

After walking a few moments in silence, Tristan noticed that Tea looked around nervously throughout the forest. 

"You're not scared are you Tea?" He asked. 

"We're here to protect ya." Joey said proudly. 

"Yeah. But who's protecting you guys?" Tea said

"Hmmm." Tristan thought outloud. "Good point, lets just set up camp." 

"Relax guys, there's nothing in these woods but crickets and squirrels." Joey laughed a little. 

Yumi smiled at Joey's humor and felt a little less afraid than before. Lita, Mina, Raye, and Serena were right behind her, along with Darien. 

Finally they found a stop to set up camp. Darien finally stopped carrying Serena and placed her onto her feet on the ground. 

Everyone sat in a circle and began to listen to Tristan tell a "scary" story for entertainment. 

"And when they finally pulled over to look and see what was in the backseat of the car..." Tristan trailed off to sound mysterious. "It was over 20 pepperoni pizzas with double cheese and meatballs!" 

Yumi, Mina, Lita, Serena, and Raye then bursted out in a fit of giggles at Tristan's story. Darien and Yugi on the other hand just shook their heads and chuckled. 

"Oh please! Tea said "What kind of ghost story is that supposed to be?" 

Joey then growled and yelled at the sky right at the moon. "Ah! If I dont get any food in me imma be turnin' into a ghost!"