These cuts wont kill me

"Ever, what are those on your wrists?" His voice was very sincere. He stares me straight in the eyes knowing i'll give in.

"What? Its nothing Sweetie." I try to look innocent pushing down my sleeve but i know it's to late. There's no turning back now.

"Show me now!" He yells. He grabs my hands and looks in my eyes.

"Fine. Happy now Jake?" I slowly pull down my sleeves, and push all of my bracelets out of the way. The small cuts in my wrists now show. All perfect lines. Obviously self harm.

"Nicole, i mean Ever," i cut him off

"No, you can call me Nicole. Its fine."

"Ok Nicole, why do you do this? You know i love you please don't hurt yourself." He pulls my wrist and slowly presses them against his lips. The warm touch of his body felt amazing. My body felt a sort of warmth to it.

We have been together for 4 months now. He helps me through a lot and I love him more then anything. He has long, brownish hair that swoops over his face just perfectly. His eyes are a blue. But its a little hard to tell because anytime I look at his eyes, his pupils are the size of a dime. When ever I look at them I feel my whole body melt like ice cream in the summer. His lips are always pale and slightly chapped. His smile is his best feature besides his personality. Its the one thing that keeps me going. That takes the blade off of my skin and back where it belongs. He's pretty skinny and tall. He's just perfect for me. I don't know what i'd do without him.

"Please try to stop." He begs.

"Trust me I am. It's not easy." I put my bracelets back on. I pull down my sleeve, and begin to walk away.

"Nicole, stay." I turn around.

"Why you deserve better? You don't need my stupid addiction to bother you. Go find a normal, preppy cheerleader to go love. You'r better off without me. You don't need me in your life. This isn't what you want. I don't want you to have to worry about you girlfriend cutting herself. It's not how a relationship should work." I turn back around, tears rolling down my face, it was so silent I could hear the tears hit the ground, and before I could walk away he grabs my arm and quickly spins me around.

"Your everything I wanted and more. Theres nothing i'd want to change about you. So what if you have a problem?! We can fix that. I want you to get better. I'd spend a lifetime with you. Even if that means dealing with anything you throw at me. I will save you from this black whole you have fallen into. I will pick you up. And I will NEVER let anything happen to you."

That was it, I couldn't handle anything more. I bursted into tears. Streams of water dripped down my face. The ground became soaking wet. He grabbed me and pulled me in closely. He bowed his head and whispered softly in my ear, "It will be okay." Then he slowly pulled away. I had my arms wrapped around his neck, his arms were around my waist. He pulled me closer and slowly moved his head closer to mine. Our noses touched. I closed my eyes. I could feel his breath right up against my lips. "I love you" he whispered. He came in closer and our lips touched.