The Big Date

I run downstairs and grab my purse. Jake was no where to be scene. He must have left to get ready. I run up my stairs skipping three to four stairs. My ankle still hurts but not to bad. It never really did. I lay out everything I need and pull out my special dress.

I slip on the dress and zipper it up. It was a little tight but I didn't care. I actually looked skinny for a change. It was short and had small straps. The chest area was a black corset. The strings were black, of course. The bottom was a poofy black sorta skirt. Black haha! What a surprise right? I put on lace leggings which fit in perfectly with the dress. I put on my black boot heels. They were studded gold along the side. I look at myself in the mirror and spin. I looked acceptable, I guess.

Next comes my hair. I turn on my straightener. While I wait for it to heat up i put on my batman necklace. It was pretty much the batman signal with fake diamonds lining the whole inside. Oh my. I'm such a dork. Whatever. I look over at my straightener. It's done heating up. I take my hair and push it all over my face and swoop it over. It's all framing my face. I smile in delight. "Perfect!" I exclaim. I straighten the rest of my hair and turn off my straightener.

Makeup. Okay. I line my waterline and outline my whole eye in eyeliner. I cover all of my breakouts, and just put on a little Chapstick. I really don't like lipstick. I know its simple but it's how I wear it.

Ok I think i'm done. I take a deep breath and look in the mirror. I look up and down my body. I look at my chest. I hope it's not to revealing. I look at the shoes. They fit perfect. I look at my stomach. "Yess!" I yell, "I look skinny! Finally" In confidence, I look at my wrists and frown. The cuts are very visible. What do I do?! I don't want him seeing that many cuts. He has only seen a small portion of them. I look at my thighs. You can see them too. I look to the floor. Is it ever ok to wear bracelets to a date?! I guess i'm going to have to. I put on a whole bunch of bracelets that match my dress. I guess they look okay.

One last time I look myself over. Ok. I look presentable. I hope it's enough for him. "Knock, knock." He's here. My stomach drops. I walk towards the door and yell, "I got it!"

The door slowly swings open. I lift my head from the ground. My breath was instantly taken away. He looks.... Perfect. His hair was laying perfectly on his head. His eyes were lit up with excitement as he looked over my whole outfit. He seems..... Shocked. Why is he shocked?! Do I look that bad?!?! I look at the ground my face turns red. I realize he has his hands behind his back. Great. This is just great. We have been standing there silent for minutes. I know i've disappointed him. He opens his mouth to speak. Oh no here it comes. I can see it now. What the hell are you wearing? I should run. Just run up into my room, lock the door, and blast my music. He breathes in. No, no, no don't say it. Please don't say it.

"You look beautiful." My mouth drops clear to the floor. Did he just say what I though he did. "But,"

Shit. Here it comes. The moment we have all been waiting for. The truth. The fact I look fat in this dress. The fact i'm wearing a bazillion bracelets. The fact I look so goth when in fact it's my scene showing.

"But, your missing one thing." He pulls out a tiara from his behind his back. "Here. Now your truly my princess" He places it on my head. Tears overwhelm me. I hug him.

"Thank you babe." How could he love me this much. I don't understand it. He's a somewhat normal boy. How could he like a scene girl like me. I just.. Ugh... I don't understand it.

"We should get going. We don't want to miss the movie." He motions his hand for mine. I interlock mine in his.

"Ok. But first we have to well confront my dad. You still need approval." I can see worry in his eyes.