Chapter Seven

Note: This story takes place sometime in the near future.

It is 3 AM.

Grita leans on a chair. "Soooooo, whassup?"

"I need to talk to you." Lei wipes her hands on her jeans and smiles nervously. It's a sort of creepy smile.

"Okaaaaaaaay, spill the tea." Grita pats Lei's head.

"How long have you been drinking?"

"I'm always drinking, baby."

"Sky Papi, give me strength." Lei looks up to the ceiling. "Okay, here I go."

"What did you say?" Grita screams. She sighs. "Don't drink babies Leilany."

"I didn't say anything."

"Okaaaaaaay," Grita says happily. Her eyes start to close.

"I'm not straight. I'm a waffle."

Grita snores loudly. She crashes to the ground and sleeps.

"Thanks for your support. I really needed to hear that." Lei smiles. She has a Hawaiian name. She also has small ears.

Grita screams.

"Thanks for being so accepting." Lei is happy. She is very proud to be a waffle. :)

Grita stops screaming. She is very very asleep.

...

The next morning:

Grita is hungover. She rubs her head tiredly. "Did you say something to me last night?"

"Yeah."

"What did you say?"

"I'm a waffle."

"Wait what?"

"Oh, I'm not straight."

"Okay cool. You're valid and I accept you. Do you have any pronouns or..."

"My pronouns are sam/sam."

"Sure. Sounds great." Grita is too hungover to be confused. "Oh no... I need to go."

Grita runs and throws up in a trash can.

Leilany looks out the window and gazes calmly at Kate who is struggling to put a jacket on.

"She has such shiny orbs." Lei thinks to herself. Her thoughts are interrupted when she hears a crash in the kitchen.

"Lei, could you come here and give me a hand?" Grita shouts.

"What happened?" Lei looks concerned. She runs over to Grita, who is covered with peach guts, pans, pots, pecans, pineapples, pizza, pepperoni, and potatoes.

"I was trying to find the waffle iron... Why did Eleabeth have to reorganize the kitchen? It's too neat. It doesn't make sense." Grita complains.

"Eleabeth is very strange."

"Agreed." Grita gives up on life. "Can you clean this up? I need to shower and sleep."

"Sure."

...

When Eleabeth comes back home from her classes, the kitchen is still a mess. She sighs and begins picking up the potatoes.