Chapter Four

The awkward silence ensues for about a minute until a girl with long, blonde hair clears her throat and walks over to Kate.

"I think we should introduce ourselves." She turns her attention back to Kate and says in a bell-like voice.

"My name is Eleabeth, and I'm happy to welcome you into our home." She smiles.

Eleabeth coughs loudly, looking pointedly at the girl with black hair standing next to her. "Um, hi. I'm Janice."

Kate already didn't like her; she reminded Kate of a player. She just had that look about her. Terribly things had happened to Kate in the past, and she was still trying to work through the ✨trauma✨. 

Janice glares at Kate. Clearly, the bad feelings were mutual.

"I'm Lei, Leilany." A girl with curly brown hair swept up in a ponytail says quietly. She appeared to be shy from what Kate could tell.

"I'm going to murder you and your parents.<3" A girl with wavy blonde hair states matter-of-factly.

"Her name is Samanantha," Eleabeth adds.

"Samantha?"

"No. It's Samanantha. You can call her Sam." Eleabeth interjects. (•̀o•́)ง (•̀o•́)ง

To the side, a red haired girl is leaning on a chair. "She's Grita," Eleabeth says. "She's drunk 🥴 on apple juice right now."

...

"So why'd you decide to move in with us? I know that Ash went studying abroad, but what else?"

"I'd rather not talk about it right now."
"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm glad to have you here though." Eleabeth says kindly. Janice crosses her arms.

"Well not everyone is as welcoming as you are." Kate sighs, dead inside.

"They'll warm up to you. They are being really hostile..." Eleabeth glances at Janice. Janice frowns back, looking like a grumpy dog with arthritis.