17."Tinted Windows"

40+ reads and 80+ comments for the next update! 

Thoughts on if I make a trailer?

C I E N N A

After about driving for a few minutes the car pulled up in front a small yet cozy looking café. 

He gets out of the car and I do the same. We walk into the café I immediately feel cold because they have blasted their A.C's. Niall walks to a booth by the window. When we sit there the warmth from outside and cold air from the inside balance each other out well.

A waitress comes over to us and hands us a menu card. I order a bacon sandwich while Niall orders himself a cup of coffee. 

Not even a moment later the manager of the place comes over to Niall and greets him. 

"How is business going Henry?" Niall asks the man 'henry'.

"Doing much better after Mr. Jane recommended us on his food blog" The man replies like he was carefully choosing his words and trying not to upset Niall.

"Good good" He says and with that Henry leaves. 

"How do you know the manager so well?" I ask him. 

"I own this place" He says that very same annoying cocky grin on his face. 

I roll my eyes and mutter "Of course you do"

My intent wasnt for Niall to hear that comment but he did and he laughed a little. I smiled a little cause his laugh was contagious. 

Are food was placed in front of us within minutes. It was painfully obvious that everyone was on edge and doing their best performance because Niall was here.

"So you gonna tell me what your mom said?" He asks casually sipping his coffee and looking at me intently. 

"Nothing happened Niall" I rolled my eyes. I didnt get why he wanted to know. I am fine I will be fine I just need a day or so to get this news into my system. No matter what happened in the past they are still my parents and I still love them. So there was always this small part of me that hoped  this wouldn't have happened. 

"Oh right so your mom told you that you were getting magic bunny and you got upset?" He asks plain old sarcasm in his voice. 

"What magic bunny?" I ask him cause how on earth does a magic bunny have anything to do with this?

"Shit wrong person" He muttered under his breath. I dont think he knew I heard him cause he went back to normal and said "Will you just tell me what happened?"

"What is it to you Boss?" I ask him curiosity suddenly taking over me.

"Nothing. Plus I am not your boss I am your boss's boss's boss." He says smug smile on hi face.

"If you are my boss's boss's boss why should I give you the monthly records?" I ask him a smirk on my face.

"Well I have taken an interest in my latest investment" He says the smug smile still on his face. 

"No your latest investment was at a hotel in San Jose" I say. 

"Look's like someone was is stalking me" He says like he finally got the final say in this useless banter of ours. 

"Oh I dont waste my time stalking my boss's boss's boss I stalk his company" I say. 

He raises his arms in surrender and laughs "Well played." I laugh along with him.

We spend the next half hour talking and he actually cracked a joke! A real joke! The Niall Horan cracked a joke. We did this thing that we would make up life stories about about random people. 

"That girl" I say pointing to a little girl who was sitting at a table while her parents were arguing with each other in hush tones. 

"She is probably fed up and her parents are probably going to get divorced" I say without actually thinking. 

"So that is what is going with you?" He asks me.

"Huh? I never said anything" 

"It was obvious you are picking at the napkin that means your are lying, your smile dropped when you said it. Hence that is the truth" He said. 

I didnt know he was that observant... "Yeah" I sigh out. 

"That is all? You had me wondering something much worse. Their only getting a divorce they still love at least they didn't throw you out" He says muttering the last part his eyes became this dark blue his voice was full of anger. 

After that we left. It was clear that Niall was in his own world and didnt want to talk. Once we got into the car Niall leaned his head against the window he looked he had a million things running through his head.

"Everything is stupid and black and white" He said out the blue. 

I looked at him curiously. What did he mean? 

"Just look at that. Everything is black and white no one loves anyone" He said bitterly. 

Suddenly I saw something in him that I never noticed before. He seemed bitter about everything around him he seemed broken... And just seeing him broken made something inside of break. And I dont know why. I had this overwhelming feeling to show him things differently. 

"Stop the car" I say both the driver and Niall looks at me in confusion. 

"Stop the car" I tell again the driver stops the car hesitantly. 

I get out of the car and pull Niall behind me.

"What are you doing?!" Niall asks. We were now standing on the side walk a few people gave us some weird looks but I could care less about when they think. 

"What is that colour?" I ask him pointing at a hot dog stand.

"What are you doing?" He asks me with a frustrated sigh. 

"Answer the question Niall" I say. 

He sighs before he says "Red" 

"What is the colour of that?" I ask him pointing to a little boutique. 

"Blue walls and white specks" He says. 

"That?" I ask him pointing to a tree.

"Green" He says. 

"You see this Niall? Everything has colour. But there is a difference if you look at it through a tinted window or a real window. Dont look at things through the tinted window you will never be happy with it. As much as a jerk you are you dont deserve it" I say.

He looked at me differently from what he used to look at me like. His blue eyes got a little glassy. 

What he did next took me by surprise he hugged my small frame. He buried his face in the crook of my neck his soft hair brushed. 

I hugged him back one I recovered from the initial shock. 

"No one ever said that to me" He mumbled to me vulnerability in his voice.  

He pulled away that steely look was in his eyes again. He cleared his throat like he was embarrassed what he did.

"I'll drop you back" He said. 

I nodded and didnt push anything else. We got back into the car and started to drive to my office. 

Within minutes we reach my office and till then Niall doesn't say a word to me but he had this look of deep thought. 

I got out of the car making sure I had everything with me. As I got out of the car did I feel like things were going to be okay. He made me forget about it even though it was temporary I was thankful. 

Before I actually got out of the car I said "Thank you." He looked at me like he wasnt expecting it. With that being said I left. I was almost to the large glass doors of my office did I felt a hand wrap around my wrist. 

I turn around to see Niall there before I could comprehend anything he pulls me closer to him and places his lips on mine. They move against mine just for a moment before he pulls away and says "Thank you" 

Once those words were spoken he left and got back into his car and the car drove off.