Chapter 29

Chapter 29

.

.

.

.

.

.

After she had ran out, we all turned to Henry.

"I am not running after her. I have business to do." He nodded while sitting down in one of the leathered seats in front of Jackson's desk.

"But, don't you work for her?" Jojo asked while eyeing him suspiciously as he laughed quietly.

"No, I work for her father. That's why I'm here." He smiled while staring at Jackson who just nodded before they started discussing their businesses as Jojo walked over and sat down next to me.

"So, how are my niece and nephew?" She asked while looking at me as I sighed quietly.

"Wreaking havoc in my womb," I mumbled as she started laughing softly to herself before I gently grabbed her hand. "I'll show you," I whispered while placing her hand on my stomach just in time as the twins started kicking up a storm.

"Aww, they're gonna be little fighters like their auntie." She cooed as a smile slid onto her lips.

"If that happens, I might as well become a nurse," I mumbled as she started laughing again.

"Speaking of becoming a nurse, wanna go she what our sister is up to?" She asked with a smirk on her face as I looked at her for a second with my eyebrows raised.

"Sure, but what's going on?" I asked, eyeing her suspiciously. She had to have seen something to be making that face, especially with that smirk. Yep, she was up to something.

"You'll see when we get there." She whispered while helping me up before turning to Jackson and Henry. "I'll be taking your fiancée for a few hours." She smiled while interrupting their conversation as Jackson gave her a look. "Don't worry; I'll feed them." She grunted as Jackson excused himself before standing up and walking over to me.

"Be careful, my love. If anything happens, call me." He whispered as I smiled and kissed him gently on the lips before pulling away.

"I will, I promise," I whispered back while turning and following Jovonni out of the room. We passed the receptionist on his floor before getting into the elevator. I leaned back on the cold metal wall as Jojo pressed the button labeled G before standing next to me.

"Soo..." She sighed while dragging it out as I looked at her.

"Sooo...what?" I asked while trying not to laugh as she played with her lip piercings quietly. She'd usually do that whenever she was nervous or whenever she would be thinking.

"Sooo....where do you wanna eat?" She asked after a few minutes of silence as I placed my hand on my chin and thought for a second.

"That fancy eating place downtown." I smiled as she scrunched her eyebrows and looked at me with that 'are you for real' expression on her face as I nodded proudly.

"Yes, girl! They got some good bagels, and they even have a variety of sweets!" I exclaimed while excitedly buzzing around in my spot as she looked at me before shaking her head and laughing.

"How many of those things have you eaten this week?" She asked while raising her eyebrow with a knowing look in her eyes. "5-15 or 16-39?" She added as I nervously fiddled with my fingers.

"Between 10-59," I whispered as she looked at me like I was insane.

"Who in the hell keeps buying you those?!" She exclaimed as I smiled.

"My future hubby and sister-in-law! All I had to do was give them my famous puppy dog eyes and ask." I explained while smiling like I had just won an award. Jojo looked at me for a second before shaking her head and laughing.

"They're still not used to it?" She asked while staring at me as I had shaken my head before the elevator chimed and the doors popped open.

"Nope." I laughed while exiting behind Jojo as she took slow strides towards the tall glass doors.

"Now, onward to LUNCH!" She cheered excited as I couldn't help but laugh. She was energetic today.

"Met somebody?" I asked with a sheepish grin on my face as I slid into the passenger's seat in her car.

"Pfft...nooo." She laughed while turning on the car before pulling out of the parking lot and onto the busy highway.

"I know you did," I whispered while elbowing her playfully as she gently ran her hand through her hair briefly before focusing back on the road.

"Fine. I do, but I'm not telling you." She admitted while smirking.

"Why are you hiding things from me??? I lovー" Before I could finish my sentence, something came crashing into the passenger's side of the car, causing it to spin and screech against the dark gravel. As I watched with wide eyes, I saw my life flash before me until everything around me fell pitch black.