Chapter 33

Chapter 33

.

.

.

.

.

.

A Few Months Later~

Scarlett's POV

I stared down at the huge pile of papers that sat on Jackson's desk before looking over at Jackson who had his glasses on while doing his paperwork.

"Hun?" I asked as he looked up at me before smiling as I held our daughter, Lucy, in my arms.

"Yes, my love?" He asked as I looked back down at his papers.

"Do you need help?"

"No, I'm almost finished anyway." He smiled as I nodded quietly while looking down at Lucy who was staring up at me with her mahogany brown eyes. She like her father had curly brown hair that held a little pink bow in it.

"I'll be back, baby. I'm going to go check up on Aiden." I smiled while pecking his cheek before standing and leaving. Once I closed the door behind me, I carefully made my way up the stairs and towards their nursery which was full of bright colors. Upon walking in, I was met by the loud wailing of Aiden who was throwing a fit out of this world. Quickly putting Lucy in her crib, I strolled over to Aiden's crib before smiling down at him. "Shh, my baby. Mommy's here." I whispered as he looked up at me with his watery mahogany brown eyes before whimpering. Smiling, I picked him up gently before walking over to the rocking chair and sitting down. I carefully unbuttoned my blouse before feeding him as he suckled angrily, even though this was his fourth feeding within one hour.

"Knock knock," Anna whispered while covering her eyes and walking into the room. "Sorry to interrupt, I just came to pick you for our little day out so we could go get finished with your wedding dress shopping and have some fun." She informed as I glanced down at Aiden before rubbing back his dark brown curls softly.

"It's alright. I'll be ready in a little bit, just let me finish up with Aiden. Plus, I think Lucy's been waiting on you." I smiled as she quickly removed her hand before hurrying over to the crib excitedly. I watched as she carefully picked up Lucy before smothering her in kisses as she laughed and flung her arms around freely. Anna was going to make a great mother one day.

"Lucy, you know I love you right?" Anna asked while continuing to kiss her small little face as she continued to laugh.

"Are my grandbabies awake yet?" Jackson's mother asked while hurrying into the nursery before stealing Lucy from Anna as she stood there looking pissed.

"Hey!" Anna whispered loudly as Lucy continued to get kissed by her grandmother who was just enjoying her presence.

"She's my baby." Her mother smirked while sticking her tongue out. They were indeed fighting over Lucy like they had did when they first saw her that morning at the hospital, but my grandparents and Jasper fight over my son who can be quite rowdy when I'm not the one holding him. But he seems to be taking a liking to Gabriel and George. Strange.

"Speaking of baby, where are Aiden's favorites?" I asked while looking at her mother as she continued to leave red lipstick marks on Lucy's little plush face who was just squealing in joy. She loved smooches especially if they were from her grannies and me.

"Gabriel is handling something with his ex-wife, and George is supposed to be looking for a suitable wife, but I don't think he is." She sighed while pulling back and looking down at Lucy who looked up at her grandmother in anticipation.

"Wait, doesn't Gabriel have a daughter?" I asked as she looked over at me and nodded quietly, her face now quilting back in happiness.

"Yep, my little sugar angel. Even though her pappy gets mad at me because I spoil her rotten." She smirked while going back to kissing Lucy who flung her chubby little arms in the air excitedly.

"Is he interested in getting remarried anytime soon?" I added as she looked over at me with a raised eyebrow. She knew that I was up to something and didn't really ask about it because she knows that it'll be successful. Hopefully.

"I hope so. I need more grandchildren." She laughed while Anna quickly took Lucy back and ran out of the nursery in a hurried manner while Lucy giggled excitedly.

"Be careful with my baby. I'll be out soon." I called after her as Aiden continued to feed, gently patting my boob every now and then with his small chubby hand.

"He's gonna be mine too." My mother-in-law whispered while gently rubbing his cheek as he started to close his eyes before I pulled him up to my shoulder as she handed me a blanket. Gently patting his back, I waited for him to burp as it came out in a hiccup.

"Ready?" I asked while standing up as she nodded before I pulled up my shirt. After I had handed Aiden off to his grandmother, I picked up the diaper bag and checked it to make sure I had everything while she placed him in his blue carrier. After that, he didn't make another peep, just quietly sucked on his ducky pacifier until he fell asleep. Once we put his twin in her light pink carrier, we hurried out of the apartment and down to the elevator of the apartment complex and got in before waiting.

Today was gonna be a day full of shopping with the girls! Even my sisters were coming (even though they had no choice)!

Just lots and lots of dresses, cute yet chubby babies, and lots and lots of food!