Train Ride of Boredom

Don't own anything. Hoorah.

Will POV

"Are you sure you're ok now?" Nico asked Will for the third time. Will smiled and rolled his eyes.

"Neeks, I'm fine. The effects of the dragon breath have worn off. I'm back to normal." Will answered. He had dozed off on the train still loopy, and when he woke up, he was completely fine. He had sent a quick thanks to his father after realizing.

Nico gave him a once-over, his eyes narrowed. Will was touched that he began to care so much for his health, but he was beginning to get annoyed by Nico's pestering.

"Now you know how I feel," Nico told him, and Will wondered if his boyfriend had magically accumulated the ability to read his mind.

"How did y-" Will began to ask, but Nico cut him off with a wave of his hand and went back to sharpening his sword. Will smiled and turned to the other occupants of the train compartment. Harry and Ginny were there, along with two other kids he didn't know.

One was reading a magazine that looked like it belonged to the Iris Cabin with how colourful it was. The girl reading it (Or maybe just staring at it, considering it was upside down) had long blond hair and was peering at Nico and Will over the top of the pages.

The other kid had a mousy-looking face and was holding a plant. He was gazing at the plant with a look of fondness and appreciation, which Will thought was slightly odd. If he didn't know he was a wizard and saw him at camp, he would have identified him as a Demeter kid. He had the same look as they did when looking at the strawberry fields – which was, as they said themselves, their greatest accomplishment.

He too was sneaking glances at Will and Nico, and Will wondered if Nico had introduced himself. Deciding to fill the awkward silence, Will waved and smiled.

"I'm Will, nice to meet you." He said cheerfully.

Will soon found out that the two newcomers were Luna and Neville. Luna seemed to talk in riddles most of the time, saying things like 'Nargle' and 'Hinkypunk', and after a couple of minutes, Will had a completely lost look on his face, so she went back to her magazine with a shake of her head.

Neville, on the other hand, was a delight to talk to for Will. He knew all about different medicinal plants, and he and Will quickly got into a discussion about the healing factors of aloe vera, chamomile, mint, and all the other plants.

Nico kept rolling his eyes at Will's enthusiasm, and Harry looked completely lost.

*Timey Wimey Time Skip*

Will had a lot of practice with reigning in his ADHD, but he could only stay still for so long. After five and a half hours, though, he had enough and quickly stood up, startling the rest of the occupants of the train compartment.

"I'm gonna go walk a bit, my legs are getting numb from sitting so long. Nico, join me?" Will asked, to which Nico nodded and followed him into the corridor. They walked in comfortable silence for a couple of minutes, taking everything in. They were on a magical train, to go to a magical school, which is part of a magical world because they went back in time. Hades, their lives were only getting crazier.

Will was startled out of his thoughts by Nico.

"You okay?" Will nodded.

"Just... processing. Are you okay? How's your shoulder?"

"Yeah, it's weird to be back in time though, you know? Especially for me. If I hadn't gone to the Lotus Casino, I would be an adult right about now. This would have been my time. I mean, not all of this" Nico gestured vaguely with his arms, "but... I don't know. It's just odd."

Will nodded, a slight frown on his face. He didn't realize how crazy this must be for Nico. Coming out of the Lotus Casino must've been a huge culture shock, and then now, practically going back again, must be disorienting.

"Sorry," Will said. Nico shrugged.

"Not your fault, Will. If anything, it's mine. I shadow travelled even though you told me not to. It's my fault we're here." Will stopped walking and grabbed Nico's arm, staring at him harshly.

"It is not your fault, Neeks. Got that?" Will told him sternly. "There's a prophecy about this, and I've been at camp long enough to know that there is no avoiding prophecies, okay? This would have happened one way or another. It's not your fault."

Nico nodded slowly, not looking completely convinced, but Will left it alone for the time being.

"You didn't answer my other question," Will said, and Nico raised an eyebrow. 

"My shoulder?" Will nodded. "It's fine now. The ambrosia and nectar healed it, there's barely even a scar. Doesn't even hurt anymore."

Will gave him an unimpressed look, and Nico glared.

"Fine, it's still a bit sore, but it really is healed. Only bled a tiny bit this morning." Will crossed his arms.

"Once we get to our rooms or wherever I'm checking it," Will said stubbornly, and Nico rolled his eyes.

"I wouldn't expect anything less, lantern boy." 

Nico then walked off back towards their compartment, leaving Will a stuttering mess in the middle of the train.

*End Chapter*

Yay! I finally posted! Sorry for the wait :)