Baby Boy~ And Then Contest

Love was just a silly game for a popular person who agrees to a petty bet with friends to seduce an ordinary person—and this ordinary person, namely me, I noticed this bet even before it started.

The boys didn't even lower their voices as they discussed the subject in the cafeteria. I would have called them bold to talk about me while I was within hearing distance. But I didn't think they could see me, considering I was sitting a few feet behind them. It was interesting to hear them try to rank me. I giggled under my breath. To be fair, nothing excited an Evermore witch than to know the pull she had on men. And it amused me to know my effect still worked in this mundane world. I gave them too much credit.

I twirled a dark ginger red strand of my hair between my fingers, chuckling harder to know that they didn't stand a chance. Then his name was called.

"I bet you can hook up with her, Cameron."

I looked up to see him smile with amusement, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Tristan's lookalike. I could never get over how similar they were. Except this one was free from princely obligations, and by the looks of it, more unrefined. More fun.

"Depends," he said, leaning to rest his elbows on his laps, a grin on his face as his brown eyes regarded Tony, his friend.

I felt the adrenaline rush at the thought of it. Tristan, or Cameron, trying to get my attention. Nothing in the way. Not Fate, not Ever After matches. My grin grew larger to hear them egg him on to what could be his doom. And my heart soared to feel someone sit beside me. I closed my book and looked up, my violet eyes meeting his brown ones. My prince who got away.

But this time, Ever After won't save him from me.