Chapter 4

.:Author's Note:.

Summer and Wynter at the side. You can picture any one of the twins with green eyes (that would be Wynter).

***

Cynthia's POV:

Em, Casey, Darius, and I noticed that most of the pack members were leaving the backyard. We didn't see Toby anywhere, and I suddenly got a bad feeling in my gut. Unlike Toby, I was really good at listening to my guts. We followed the crowd inside the pack house and up the stairs. Why were they heading to the Alpha's quarter?

The bad feeling intensified and I started pushing my way through the large crowd that formed, with Darius' and Em's help. We heard a groan of pleasure and that only made me push through the crowd harder. When we finally got to the front, I froze.

Toby was there, with his back facing us, looking at Matthew having sex with some girl. I guess we got there when he was done because he pushed the girl aside, got up and was fixing himself in his pants. He took a step towards Toby and I heard Em and Darius growl. What the hell was going on?

I looked at them, but they were too focused on the scene in front of us. I turned back to Toby when I heard Matthew begin speaking.

"Surprise." He chuckled evilly. "Happy birthday! I just couldn't wait to give you your present." He continued. I heard Toby let out a desperate cry, making me even more confused. Toby never cried for anybody. Well, except for me, his mom, and his dad. So, why was he crying for Matthew?

"Now, all that's left to do is reject you. I, Matthew Richardson, reject you, Tobias Myers, as my mate." Finished Matthew, causing everything to make sense.

Toby doubled over in pain and fell to the floor. I saw red and tackled Matthew to the ground. He wasn't expecting it, so he went down without a hitch. I then started pounding his face in. I thanked the heavens that I decided to go all out and wear a lot of rings tonight.

How dare this piece of shit hurt my best friend? I knew that when I was done with him, he'd just heal again, so I showed no mercy. He deserved everything I was giving him, and then some. Behind me, I heard Matthew's pack members gasp at the sight. It was pretty comical.

A small fry human beating the shit out of a big and bad Alpha. This was definitely something to laugh about, but I didn't care. I was returning the favor. He beat my best friend for years, found out that he was his mate, continued beating him, and then had sex with someone else right in front of him.

I didn't see red anymore. I saw someone who was gonna lose his life.

"I'm going to kill you!" I shouted and continued pummeling his face. Nobody stopped me. They were smart not to because they were next. I punched Matthew right in the temple, causing him to pass out. I got up and turned around to face the now scared pack members. They should be scared, but they weren't my concern right now.

Terrance was standing at the side, looking down at his now unconscious Alpha. I was just about to grab him when Em's arm wrapped around my waist.

"Let me go!" I shouted. "Let me kill that stupid fucker. I want to put him in his grave early." I struggled in my mate's arm but she didn't let up. Terrance glanced up at me and I could see fear in his eyes.

Be scared, you fucker. I'm coming for you. I guess he saw the clear message in my eyes because he took a step back.

"If you kill the Alpha and Beta heir, we'll have a war on our hands." Em said, which made me stop struggling. From the corner of my eyes, I saw someone check Matthew's pulse.