09

𝓪 𝓶𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓲𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔀𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 // 𝓹𝓲𝓮𝓻𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓿𝓮𝓲𝓵

"Y/n, you're still beautiful when you cry."

It didn't seem that Kenma or you were aware that Akaashi was only a few feet away.

Kenma had sent him on a chase around the entire house before Akaashi finally checked the backyard. And seeing him that close to you only sent a pang of jealous through his body. 

He didn't wait around to see what Kenma's next move was. He quickly made his way back inside, pushing through the crowded mess of drunk high school students.

Akaashi had no right to feel this way though. You weren't his. You hadn't even officially met. You had your own life without Akaashi for the past couple of years, and he had no right to come into it now and interrupt it.

But the feeling didn't go away no matter how many times he tried reasoning with himself.

The entire party was suffocating, and Akaashi wanted to make it through the front door and get some air.

"Akaashi! Come play truth or dare with us!" Bokuto yelled over the booming music.

Akaashi stopped abruptly, looking at the group of kids sitting in a circle around the living room. His eyes stopped on Hayami, who was cuddled up against Konoha. Once she noticed you, she jumped up from her seat and pulled you toward the group.

"Come on, Akaashi, you know you want to play," there was a flirtation to her voice that made Akaashi want to leave, but for some reason he didn't hesitate to follow her.

"Isn't this a little childish?" Akaashi asked, his arms propped up on the couch behind him. Hayami found her way next to him, making herself comfortable. Konoha seemed dejected as he let her cozy up to Akaashi.

"Oh, come on, you'll have fun," she placed her hand on his chest, but Akaashi nudged her away.

He caught a glimpse of you from across the circle. He wasn't sure when you got there. Your eyes seemed a little glossy, and your face was flushed.

Before he could completely look away from you, he noticed Kenma's hand resting on your thigh. You didn't seem to mind him touching you, and Akaashi's resentment for him started to arise again.

"I'll go first!" Akaashi wasn't surprised that Kuroo was willing to start the game off.

He stood above everyone, overdramatically thinking of who to choose. He scanned the group before landing on Akaashi, who pleaded with his eyes to skip him.

"I choose .. Hayami." A sigh of relief left Akaashi's lips.

"I dare you to do seven minutes in heaven with Akaashi."

"No." Akaashi didn't hesitate. He wasn't about to be trapped in a small space with the one girl he was trying to ignore.

"Are you really going to back out?" With the condescending tone of her voice, everyone started to chime in saying that Akaashi was being lame.

Akaashi looked in your direction, and you and Kenma were the only ones not saying a word. Your sad (e/c) eyes stared at him for as long as you could, before looking down at Kenma saying something too quietly for him to hear over everyone else. 

He would've much rather it had been you that Kuroo chose you to be the one to do this dare with Akaashi. But seeing you with Kenma provoke a side of him he didn't like. It should be him next you.

"Fine." Akaashi said, grabbing Hayami by the wrist, leading her into the nearest closet.

Akaashi knew how this looked. His actions were fueled by jealousy, and he couldn't stop himself. 

Hayami twirled around, her hands on his cheeks and pressed her body into his. 

Did he really want to do this when you were right on the other side of the door?

"Akaashi, do you really want to be with that girl? She seems nice and all, but come on."

Akaashi didn't realize that Hayami knew who Y/n was. As far as he knew, Bokuto and him were the only ones from Fukurodani that knew what she looked like.

"How do you know who she is?"

"I talked to her," Hayami shrugged, "She's very timid, couldn't even respond to anything I said to her really."

"What did you say to her?" Akaashi's palms slammed against the walls, trapping Hayami in-between in arms. He towered over her, glaring down. Hayami wasn't used to Akaashi being so demanding, she would be scared if she wasn't more amazed at this side of him.

"I told her to back off, because you're mine." Hayami clasped her hands around his neck.

Akaashi's face leaned closer into hers. 

"I'm not yours, Hayami."

He pushed himself off the wall, and opened the closet door, only to have Kuroo and Bokuto scatter away.

Akaashi looked towards the spot of the couch where you last were. You were no longer there, but Kenma had stayed behind.

"Where'd she go?"

"She needed to get some air." Kenma didn't seem too concerned with Akaashi asking about Y/n. He didn't even bother to look up when he responded.

Akaashi turned to walk out. He fucked up and he knew it.

"I wouldn't if I were you."

Akaashi gave Kenma an exasperated look. Who was Kenma to tell him what to do when it came to you?

"You really think anything you say to her would change what she just saw you do?" He continued.

"Nothing happened." Akaashi confronted Kenma. He wasn't sure where this temper came from, but he had an unbearable hatred for Kenma in that moment. 

"It didn't look that way." It felt like Kenma was taunting him.

"And you're one to talk. You knew where Y/n was the whole time, but you purposely lied to me just so you could spend a little more time with her."

"So what?" Kenma's expression was cold, "Are you going to hit me just because I'm closer to her than you are?"

Akaashi didn't like this side of him, but he couldn't stop himself.

"Woah, okay let's take a step back, both of you," Kuroo said, getting into between the two. He knew Kenma wouldn't have a problem defending himself if Akaashi actually went through with throwing a punch. Regardless, he wasn't about to have people fighting in his living room.

Akaashi brushed Kuroo's hand away, turning towards the front door. He wasn't going to let Kenma stop him from going after you, no matter what he said.

"She has your letter, "Kenma stated, his stare was towards the floor, "She didn't want to read it until she met you."

Akaashi heart sank to the pit of his stomach.