Part 11

As the doors pushed open, I could see a room covered in what looked to bediamonds. It was quite a large cavern with diamonds growing out everywhere. I movedtowards some jutting out of the ground. Wait, this isn't diamond, it's glass. That's when Inoticed the source of the glow was at the other end of the room. It glowed brightly andseemed to shift around in the bowl it was held in. cautiously moving towards the light, Inoticed the bowl was quite wide.Inside seemed to be something shifting and swirling. While the substance glowed asif it were gold, I saw it was sand. I moved my hand forward to try and grab the sand. As soonas my hand submerged the sand turned to glass. I began to see images in the glass. As I tooka closer look, I was horrified at what I saw and the fact that the glass began to move up myarms. As I felt it cover my shoulder and move up my neck I began to panic. I tried to wrenchmyself free, but it was no good. Soon it was covering my mouth and nose, until finally itcovered my eyes.A bright light shown in my eyes before I began to focus again. Looking around I saw Iwas in some city. Looking back my eyes narrowed at what I saw. The head of our order hada knife to a young boy's throat. Taking a closer look, I noticed grand mater Zariah's eyeswere bright red."Release the spell, or the boy dies Eric." My heart clenched, I did not know why, but Ifelt some connection to this boy. Based on the robes he was wearing I could tell he was anapprentice mage. He had messy brown hair and grey eyes. He seemed to be holding hiswrist somewhat tenderly and I knew it had to be sprained at the very least. Other than hiswrist he seemed fine. As he caught my eyes, I could see him subtly shake his head."Choose now!" the man who looked like Zariah seemed to be getting impatient.Looking down at my feet I could see some runes circling around me, glowing faintly.Subconsciously I knew what ever spell I was using was keeping back the darknesssurrounding the Grand master. Looking behind him, I saw the city smoking and in somesort of disarray.I looked at the boy again and I wanted to release the spell so badly, but I just couldnot do it. eyeing Zariah my eyes hardened."No." His eyes burned as he pulled out an obsidian black knife. He glared at me inrage." Fine, but just remember his death is on you're hands.Suddenly a light flashed in front of me, devouring everything.I found myself back in the cave leaning up against the vase. On my lap was a bag fullof something as it laid on my legs. Opening it I was met with the bright glow of the sand.Closing it again I picked it up with both hands and placed it into my pack. Standing upshakily I saw an open door ten feet behind the giant vase. I hope what I saw was not thefuture, and if it was, I will be ready for it. stepping forward I moved through the door to see alight at the end of the hall and what looked to be an exit. I dashed forward running as fast asI could to the light.Making it out of the cave I felt the warmth of the setting sun, yet I still felt a horrid chill. looking forward I couldsee I was much lower than I was when I entered the cave. In front of me seemed to be greenfields with cattle grazing. Behind the fields was a small village with smoke rising out ofmost of the small wood houses.