Prologue

Please read "The Bad Boy, Cupid, And Me." by Slim_Shady before you read this story. If you do not then you may not even get what is going on in some parts. All you do to find that story is type "The Bad Boy, Cupid, And Me" in the space above with "Discover" beside it. Look until you find the one by Slim_Shady.

First off, I'd like to say I know I'll never be the writer Hasti is, but I swear I'll try my best. I came up with this crazy idea for a sequel to "The Bad Boy, Cupid, And Me"  and told her about it in a private message. She told me I should write it and I had permission. I just wanted to tell you so you didn't think I was copy catting or somthing. Alright, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy.

Prologue: Ashton DeVille

The way she looked at him. Jealousy seethed through every pour in his body.

'Had she EVER looked at me that way?' he thought.

He could see a couple on the hood of a car. At first he thought it was Reece and Chloe, but they emerged a moment later from the house, doubled in laughter. He couldn't see well from this angle but he was guessing they were laughing at whatever caused the couple making out on the hood to jump up suddenly.

"I'm sorry, Ash." Andre spoke softly. After everything, he was glad Andre stood by his side. " Its good she dosn't know. She would never have understood. This is a normal life for her. With him."

"Will it always be like that? I get a girl and my damn family gets in the way?" He had nothing to say. Andre was quiet for a long time. He hated love. What was the point in hoping for somthing that was just going to get ripped away from him?

"Fuck her. Just fuck her." Ashton turned the car on and began pulling out of the driveway. He hated feeling like a desperate stalker. He vowed to himself to never do this agian. He had just wanted to talk to her. At least tell her the truth, but he had parked in the empty house driveway a few doors down from Reece's.

As he was pulling away, he chanced a glance in the mirror. Reece had his arms around Chloe's waist. She looked up at him with adoration, pride, and...love in her eyes. Thats why you never looked back. Somthing snapped in him. He could feel it. It really, truly was over. Some of him was relieved that he didn't have to worry about breaking down and telling her anymore, another part of him felt hurt and pain even though he knew it would happen all along. But at least that part felt feeling at all, because the rest of him-- most of him-- died. Ashton DeVille then completely became the person he wanted people to see inside and out. The lie he had struggled to be came more easily now that there wasn't much of him left to fight it.

As fate would have it, Ashton's father died that same day. It didn't faze him when the news came. His father had always been dead to him. And like his sister was fond of saying:

"Cold before he was even in the ground."

It wouldn't have changed anything except that Ashton had been heir to his father's companies. Multimillionair. And soon to be more.

Day by day he became colder and more distant. At first he snapped at everyone and made life hell. Then he went numb. After awhile he went in autopilot mode. A gentleman. A natural instinct to be polite drilled into him from day one. But its still a facade. Underneath was still the broken, angry boy who was now an orphaned heir to an empire of money. They say those are the most dangerous. The ones that have nothing to live for and wouldn't mind having to die if it meant you would, too. God knows Ashton was waiting to die, to bury those secrets with him. After all, they took everything from him. Secrets.