Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Nicole Carter

I think that was when I began my little crush on Mr.Ashton Deville.

He was hot. Not to sound like a hormonal teenager, but damn. His messy blonde hair and crystal blue eyes were obviously nice. Not to mention his abs, toned arms, or the slight stubble of beard on the edge of his jaw to name a few, but I think what attracted me most to him was not really a physical thing.

It was the way he carried himself. Really confidently. Like he knows what he wants and he'll be damned if he doesn't get it. And the way he talked. Naturally, he was soft spoken. His voice was deep with a slight edge to it.

It was the only reason I liked listening to him when he was angry and would keep us up way into the night, yelling about whatever had happened recently.

But, I had only just developed my crush when he left on buisness a few weeks later. Everything at the Deville's died down and returned back to normal. We all slept in late. Dusted, and bought more food to replace the food that went rotten in the fridge because no one was there to eat it.

It was so quiet and dead that eventually I got lonely going home to an empty house every night. So, I invited my brother to stay awhile.