Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

~Nicole Carter~

Sunlight shone on my face, slowly bringing me to consciousness. I snuggled my pillow closer and buried myself deeper into the person next to me.

Their grip around me tightened and the top of my head slightly tickled from their steady breathing.

I was in heaven, until I realized that I didn't have a boyfriend and I wasn't at home. My whole body tensed up, making me very aware of every inch of me touching them.

I opened my eyes, and with dread, came to the conclusion that I had crawled into Ashton DeVille's bed in my stupor.

I slowly inched my way from his grasp. Little at a time so I wouldn't wake the sleeping beauty. Just as I was at the edge and only his fingertips still rest on my back, I heard something that made me stop and turn to look at him.

It wasn't really a whimper, or a moan, just like, a noise. His perfect face had a little frown drawn on it, and his hand swept the bed as if searching. I wondered if leaving would wake him up more then staying.

I crawled back over and slid under his arm. He instantly relaxed and made a contented sound as he pulled me close. At first, I tried to stay awake, but soon I drifted off into obliviousness.

~Ashton Deville~

I hadn't slept good in years. But, last night was the first night I didn't dream the same dream I have been. For once, I didn't dream about it. Didn't toss and turn. Just nothing. And it felt great.