"Fan-Fuckingtastic!"

T W E N T Y F I V E
Pre-Christmas Plans

It's the morning i fly out, i'm currently seated at my usual cafe eating breakfast to kill some time, i didn't feel like hanging around the apartment all day it felt stuffy.

Besides i need to pick up a dress for the christmas ball tomorrow night.

"Anna?" I hear someone call me, i turn around in my chair to see Hunter holding a brown paper bag "Oh, hey" i smile. He walks up to my table with a small smile "heading out somewhere?" He asks, gesturing to my to-go coffee i ordered.

I nod "yeah just for the drive, i'm heading home for christmas and new years" his brows raise "oh? That's nice, have a safe trip" i smile "thank you, what about you?" He shrugs "to my parents for christmas dinner and maybe a new years party..." i bob my head and pucker my lips, this is getting a little awkward.

"Well, merry christmas and happy new year" i grin, he only smiles faintly in response "same to you..." he mumbles "see you when you get back" he looks sad, he's barely masking it.

"Hunter?" He turns around "yeah?" I bite the inside of my lip "are you okay?" He nods "i'm fine.."

Lies.

I continue to stare at him knowingly, there's a moment of hesitation before he fully turns to face me.

I gesture to the seat in front of me and he takes a seat. "What's wrong?" He looks up at me directly in the eyes, they're intense, filled with emotion.

He runs his hand through his now longer than usual hair, it looks nice... soft and dark golden under this pale yellow lighting. I let him take his time, sipping my coffee whilst i continue to stare at him, drinking in the small differences in his features. His eyes look tired, like he barely sleeps...

"Hunter i'm worried about you" i finally speak up. He clears his throat and adjusts the collar of his black turtleneck, running his tongue over his chapped lips.

"Why?" He asks softly, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair. I tilt my head to the side "what do you mean why? You look like you've gotten 30 minutes of sleep all week, your lips are chapped.." i trail off.

He groans and buries his face in his hands "god what are you doing to me" he mumbles into them, i frown "what?"

His head snaps up "I'm in love with you.." he whispers loudly, i can't tell if the realization has just hit him or if he's admitting it to me.

My lips part, the words hang heavily in the space between us.

"What?" I say, stunned.

He licks his lips, combs his hair back and straightens his back. "I'm in love with you, i have been... for a year now" he says, loud and clear.

When i tell you my brows fly off my face, i'm only mildly exaggerating. The shock renders me speechless, i stare at him for longer than deemed appropriate but i don't know what to say to him.

Has my life turned into a comedy show?

"I..." is all i can manage.

What do you say in a situation like this?

I take a deep breath and mentally prepare myself. "Hunter.."

"Oh god nevermind-" he interjects, now looking pained. "Shut up and let me talk" i retort, making him purse his lips.

"Listen" i begin, taking his hand in mine. "I love you, i really do.. but not in the way you want me to. I have too much shit to sort out in my life i mean for fuck sake i'm having an affair" i humour, making his lip curl a little.