Chapter 1

"Okay, Calum! Go!" My friend Josh yells as I run a few feet, crunch down and lay forwards on a running skateboard.

The string that is tied to the skateboard's wheels is connected to Jacob's bike as he cycles fast, dragging me and the skateboard behind him.

"Yeah!" I yell, adrenalin rushing through my body. I look straight in front of myself as I see the ground quickly moving. The sound of small, plastic wheels turning on the cement is so close to my ear that I have to stop myself from putting my head on the ground and looking at the wheels spin.

"Watch out, a turn is coming!" Jacob yells and I look up.

He turns his bike to the left and the skateboard turns over, me flying and tumbling over the street and hitting the sidewalk.

"Damn!" I yell overwhelmingly and put my palms on the cement so I can catch my breath. Then I stand up and Michael, Josh and Jacob run to me.

"Jesus, mate. You're insane." Michael screams excitedly and we fist bump.

"Your head is bleeding badly." Josh points to my forehead and I put my palm on the spot he is pointing at. When I remove my hand, I look at it and see red blood all over my fingers.

"Oh, shit." I laugh as Jacob and I bump shoulders. "Didn't even notice." I smirk cockily and all the guys laugh like I've just said the funniest thing on earth.

"Should we go again?" I ask, looking around in order to find the skateboard.

"Na' man, I have to run." Jacob shrugs as he looks at his phone. He then turns around and starts walking away, putting his hand up as he greets us.

"Actually, I'm hungry as well." I feel my stomach grumble as I laugh apologetically. Michael and Josh look at each other and shrug, nodding.

"A'ight then, see you dude. And you should really get your head checked out." Michael waves as they both leave in the opposite direction I an about to go.

I start walking over the hot, long street of Sydney and wipe off the sweat from my forehead that is dripping in my eyes and blocking my clear view. Instead of sweat, I notice I wiped off my blood so I take off my shirt and wipe my hand in it.

I guess it is too hot for a shirt today anyway, the guys all have shorts and came shirtless so I probably won't look weird if anyone sees me walking around without a shirt on.

I walk for a few minutes, kicking some rocks that come to my way. It's only noon and I'm already bored. I don't know if I should go home or go somewhere else. I was never good with holidays and weekends. I've always had too much energy and all my friends still quickly get tired of my ideas for wasting time.

I remember my mum said she would call me so I take my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans and hope that I didn't break it when I fell. Turning it around a few times, I let out a sigh of relief as I realize it's still not broken.

I press the button to see there's no missed called so I put it back in my back pocket and continue walking home.

Five minutes later I finally reach my house and enter it without bothering to ring the bell. I know it's going to be unlocked because it always is, wether or not anyone is home, which probably isn't the smartest idea in the first place. I throw my keys on the couch in the living room and reach down to take the tv remote.

"Mum?" I yell, looking around the house. "Mali?" I yell again, not knowing if Mali was even still here. She told me something about leaving to London but I have no idea when that is supposed to happen.

Realizing the house is empty, I go to the kitchen and stuff my hands with unhealthy sweets. Then I jog to the hall to kick my Vans off of my feet and go to the living room, throwing myself on the couch, ready to sleep through the rest of the day. As I jump on the couch facing down, I have to readjust myself and sit up so I can eat, but when I want to open a bag of Skittles, my eyes widen.

"Shit!!" I yell, trying to rub off the blood from the cushion I've just laid on. My mum is going to kill me.

As I rub the cushion furiously wanting to get it clean, the stain only gets worse. I groan in frustration as I decide to turn the cushion around and take the other cushions to put them in front of the stained one. Maybe she won't notice.

I don't want to make even bigger mess with the chips and other sweets so I take the bags and walk to my room upstairs. As I want to lay on my carpet and watch tv there, I remember I should actually clean my face from the dripping blood.

I walk to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror, letting out a surprised sigh.

"Oh, damn. This is not pretty." I say to myself as I start pouring water onto the towel I took from the hanger. My whole forehead is stained with blood, including some of my hair. The blood was obviously dripping from my forehead to my cheeks and down to my chest, but I didn't even notice, which wasn't surprising.

As I clean the almost dried blood from my head and other places that I found, I take three bandages and put them across the long wound. It stopped bleeding so it should be okay.

The pastel pink colored bandages with elephants on them keep poking me in the eye so I sigh, realizing I look like a three year old. I walk out of the bathroom and back into my room, turning on the tv.

The show keeps me entertained until I head my mum screaming. My head shoots up as I jump to my feet, running downstairs. As stupid as I am, I don't remember she probably saw the blood the cushion.

"What is this?!" My mum asks as she almost shoves the bloody cushion into my face. I take a few steps back and move my head, trying to avoid getting in touch with my own, dried blood.

"Let me see your head!" My mum commands and takes my face into her hands, tracing the line that the bandages are covering. I stay quiet, knowing there's no use in defending myself anymore.

"I've told you how many times not to do stupid activities where you can get hurt." She scolds me as she takes the bandages off of my head and shakes her head when she sees my wound.

"Sorry." I mumble, waiting for her taking me over the coals to end.

"You didn't even disinfect it. Come here." She catches my arm and walks me to the kitchen where she sits me on a stool and walks away to take her first aid kit. She always makes a big deal out of something small.

She takes out alcohol and cotton-wool so she could clean up my not even hurting wound. I watch her nonchalantly, already used to her freak outs whenever I'd do something to myself.

It's not my fault that I get bored so easily. I just always have to do something exciting and fun and maybe even dangerous, and why? Because I can. I'm not allowed to, mainly from the side of my mum, but I still can. She keeps telling me I'll kill myself or bleed to death or something and not even notice it, but I think she's overreacting. Of course I'd notice if I was bleeding to death, who wouldn't?

She's just being an overprotective mum.

My mum walks back over to me and presses the cotton-wool dipped in alcohol onto my forehead. I watch as she frowns, trying to soak the wound enough so it doesn't get infected, and when she's done she nods satisfactorily and throws the cotton in the garbage.

Then she takes a big, white bandage and puts it on my forehead. "There."

Why haven't I remembered to look at her first aid kit in the first place? No but instead I get myself pink dinosaur band aids.

"And don't do whatever you did to get this again." She points her pointer finger at me and kisses me on the forehead, away from my bandage. I sigh, standing up from the stool and walking upstairs.

I kick every step loudly so she could hear how annoyed I am because of her stupid rules and boundaries, and when I reach the top of the stairs, I shut the door to my room as loud as I can.

"Calum!" I hear her yell warningly but ignore it. Instead I throw myself on the bed and decide to go to sleep, realizing I have nothing better to do.

__

A/N: okay, this is my new fan fiction! This is just a start and kind of a snippet for the start of the story, so tell me what you think? xx