An Upcoming Birthday

Y/N takes off her VR headset and puts it on the shelf. She loves filming videos but hates editing them after. Her birthday was coming up in a couple of days, but she doesn't have any family or friends down by where she lives so she never does much for her birthdays. She usually just invites a couple friends to VRChat or she just watches Netflix and orders chicken tamales, not like she doesn't do that everyday but, you know. As she was about to go make lunch she got a text from her best friend Gabby. This is the conversation.

G=Gabby - Y/N=Y/N

G: Hey Y/N!

Y/N: Hey Gabbs. How u feelin today?

G: I'm good! 👍

G: Sooooo, whatcha got planned for your 21st birthday? 🎊🎉

Y/N: Nothing really. I mean I'm turning 21 so I'll probably just watch Netflix and drink wine or something 🙃

G: Nope. No No No No way am I letting my best friend just sit and watch Netflix alone for her birthday 🙅

Y/N: So you'll come down here and watch Netflix w/ me? 😁

G: 💡

G: Right idea,

G: wrong way of putting it.

Y/N: What do you mean?

G: Why don't you come to Flordia and stay at the house with us? 👏👏😁😄

Y/N: I don't know 😐

G: Why not? 😔

Y/N: I mean, I'm introverted af, I would only know you, and I would just feel really out of place.

Y/N: and how would everyone else feel about it?

G: Y/N, I've already got approval from the 19k I pay for rent a month. That is absolutely enough approval.

Y/N: 😂🤣

G: And anyway, you can meet them before you get here so you know them a little better 😁

Y/N: How exactly would I do that? 🤔

G: Discord call silly 🤗

Y/N: I still don't know...

G: Ok, well why don't you join a Discord call with me and them tomorrow let's say around 2:00? Then you can decide.

Y/N: Fine

G: Yay! 🤗

Her friend Gabby lived with her fiancé and his friends in a big house. They were kind of like The Hype House but less dry and boring. Though after that chat Y/N was feeling a bit weird inside. She wanted to socialize a bit more but she always had trouble doing so. Antisocial, that was the word she always used to describe herself. She missed her best friend though, the only person who she could say "I love you" to. She made herself a grilled cheese, and went back to her room to eat it. When she finished eating she washed her plate and decided to start editing the video she had filmed. Because the video was more than an hour long she didn't get finished editing until 10:00 PM. Granted she did take like 6 breaks, but still. She uploaded the video and went to her room to go to sleep, but she wasn't tired. So she got some short fake nails and black nail polish and did her nails. After she finished she let her nails dry and she just climbed into bed and fell asleep.