Chapter 25

As she walked up the spiral stairwell to the seventh floor of Classroom Eleven, she thought of her vision. The one she'd gotten at Divination class, where Albus lay bleeding to death as Issa tried to drag him. Her wand broken on the stone floor of the Gryffindor Chamber. "You are the same, arrogant and spiteful traitor." Albus spat at her. "I should have known better and listened to him."

Not everything had happenened in that way.

It made Issa feel relieved.

She should have known earlier that it had been a vision of the future. When the second part of the vision was shown to her while doing her Divination homework with Reagan, she had put the pieces together. Issa would change her destiny. She wouldn't let it go wrong, because she knew what would happen. She had to prevent it.

It didn't go much better. Maybe she hadn't failed Albus so miserably as she would've had, but many other things went wrong. Her wand, like in the vision, was broken. But at least Long Beard (ugh, she hated that name) was dead. Issa gulped it down. She wondered if she would ever get over it. She didn't think so.

As the Third Years stampeded down the stairs, they all made way for her. No one wanted to bumb into the Malfoy, everyone knew better. The students didn't look her way, none but one Gryffindor girl with a handful of freckles splashed across her face who opened her mouth when she saw her and then pursed her lips. She smiled at Issa and kept going. What was that about?

The Divination classroom braced her with warmth and a cinnamon aroma. Issa scrunched her nose, she didn't like cinnamon. The curtains, as always, were closed. Scarlet candles and chiminey's fire were the only source of light in the crammed class. About twenty-three tables were squished in, leaving barely any space to walk between them. The fire crackled, the swirling of the crystal ball's fog made her nauseas. She promised herself she wouldn't be returning next year.

"Good afternoon, dears!" Professor Trelawney told the class. "Today we'll study the planets and how they affect out fate! Please take out your textbook "Unfogging the Future" and turn to page one hundred and thirteen!"

* * *

Issa waited until everybody was gone before walking up to Sybill. The professor had expected her, Issa had expected her to know. She lifted her head up slowly from her book. "Ms. Malfoy!" She started, putting up a surprised look. "May I ask what is it that you need?"

"Why did you show me that vision?" Issa asked. She also expected Sybill to know what she was talking about, after all, she had been the one showing her it.

"I thought I'd let you know what lay upon you, dear. When I feel your presence I can only sense bad things. Be careful."

Issa forced the words out of her mouth. "Thank you." She said as nice as she could. The professor looked dumbstruck. She nodded and Issa smiled.

* * *

The halls to the dungeons were deserted. Even the lack of Slytherins in the Great Hall was astonishing. Slytherins didn't miss meals, they liked to go and gossip behind the others backs, or make the others trip on their way out.

The jokes following afterward made their cold trip down to the gloomy dungeons a little better.

Today was different. Issa wondered were they were. What were they doing she wasn't invited to?
Who made a party and the first person they thought about wasn't Narcissa Malfoy?

Why didn't her friends tell her anything?

She walked in the Slytherin Common Room with a yell caught up in her throat. She'd been meaning to disturb the party, if there was any.
It was quiet. All the Slytherins were there. Issa didn't see any sign of a party, no one was wearing party clothes.