𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

∗

When you were supposed to tell someone a bad news? Until it happened? Or with time? Either way, Elia wanted to wait until happened because one thing she didn't have was enough time. As she watched herself in the mirror she noticed more empty spaces where her freckles used to be, with a deep sight she moved towards her desk, opening the left drawer were five letter were sealed and ready to deliver whenever she gave them away, five names in the front of the envelopments. One letter missing, she was finding the right words to express to that specific letter but her mind was blank, she decided to recapitulate the last weeks when her emotions were flooding around. She took the ink and the feather and started writing every word that appeared on her mind as she wrote her heart started to ache, a tear falling down her face, staining the papear with more tears.

On the other side of the square was Benedict Bridgerton, he was trying so hard to get the sketch of his hand correctly but it didn't went as planned, ripping another pice a paper from his sketch book only for him to scrunch the papear into a paper ball, throwing it towards the trashcan that was near him. He took a deep breath and exited the room.

A big black carriage was entering Grosvenor squared, stopping just in front the Sage green Home with white and pink flowers. Slowly and cautiously, she made her way towards the front door of the Veuilleton household a smile adorning her lips. And with a soft knock on the door she was welcome home.

"Honeybee!" Samson said from the hallway, approaching his oldest daughter room, knocking and coming in.

"Father!" She gulped, unaware that her father had just enter.

With curious eyes he watched her for a few seconds and continued, a smile plastered on his face. "There is someone waiting for you in the Drawing room."

In the afternoon Miss Aelianna Veuilleton was walking besides Mister Benedict Bridgerton at the park, many suitors and ladies were also there, just like Daphne and the Duke. But Elia and Benedict took another turn, making them go towards the bridge.

"My mother told Daphne something the other day." Benedict started. "That one should marry
one's dearest friend." Elia remained quiet, encouraging him to keep going. "But I do wonder, is that truly what marriage is all about, then?Friendship?"

"Well, I imagine it a good start. Though most marriages are more like battlefields." Elia shrugged, while thinking about friends of the family that weren't happy about their marriage.

"Even if it is a battlefield, there must be other things that hold the troop together."

"My word! I might have thought you were trying to organize a militia." She joked, stopping at the middle of the bridge to admire the view. "I do wonder if there are other things like  physical or perhaps intangible that bring a couple together."