𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

∗

"Lord Bridgerton! I found you a very nice lady for you to dance this evening." Lady Danbury said once she was next to Benedict. "Come."

As the pair was walking towards Aelianna, Benedict decided to save the earring he picked up from the floor when he bumped into a lady on his pocket.

"Elia, your earring is missing." Her mother told her when she was by her side.

"Really? I didn't notice." Elia said while placing her hand on her left ear checking, but before she could tell her mother she would looked for it Lady Danbury appeared with a boy by her side.

"Lord Bridgerton, what a nice surprise!" Lady Veuilleton told Benedict. She had met the boy a couple of weeks ago when Violet Bridgerton invited her for tea and had many pleasant chats with the boy.

"Good evening Lady Veuilleton." He greeted with a smile. Picking her hand and giving a light kiss on the back of her hand.

"I think you haven't met my Daughter." She continued, placing a hand on Elia's back and pushing her slowly in front of her.

"I actually have, this morning actually." He replied with a chuckle. "Benedict Bridgerton at your orders, my lady." He said with a smile, turning to look at Aelianna and bowing his head. "Would you like to dance?" With a nod from Elia, he took her glove hand in his and lead her to the middle of the room where the dances were taking place.

"I didn't know you were a Bridgerton." Aelianna started with a chuckle. "I'm sorry about this morning Lord Bridgerton." She apologize again
As they place themselves ready to start dancing, the melody reaching their ears.

"I have to ask Miss Veuilleton, how did I end up in the floor of the sidewalk?" He smile slyly, slowly placing his hand at her back.

"My sister, Elaine. She was running away from the birds that were trying to take the biscuits away, when she turned around you were there, so she accidentally hit you with the silver plate, a little to hard may I add."

"Charming." Her murmured, earning a light giggle form the girl. As they were dancing Benedict had a better look from the girl he was admiring from the sidewalk. He notice her think eyebrows, her perfect nose with a bunch of freckles adorning the bridge of her nose all the way to her light pink cheeks, and her round lips, with light freckles on them too. But what capture him the most where her eyes, a beautiful light shade of green with long curly black eyelashes. When they locked eyes he hold his breath for a couple of seconds, blue meeting green. He notice a glance of mischief and liberty along with kindness and warm. A perfect combination. Just like drinking hot cocoa on winter nights. They stayed a couple of minutes looking into each other eyes while they were still dancing, "Is everything alright Lord Bridgerton?" She asked a small smile making her way towards her lips.