Cafes are meant for drinking. Not theft and making friends.

Fun fact, I wrote most of this sleep deprived last night then finished it today :D, Quick updates pog! I tried to explain the plot to my mum and failed fantastically. Anyways, if you could comment or favourite just to tell me your thoughts, that would be very much appreciated! 

---

Two miles away from the Sleepy Bois Incorporated headquarters is one of many cafes in a two metre area. It was around the twentieth one Tommy had passed due to the tourist attractions details of heroes work spaces. 

Despite the crowded nature of the streets, no one liked going to Cafe Nihachu for one reason or another. For tourists it was the cheaper prices across the streets. For the locals who could afford expensive cake, the issue was closer to Niki herself. 

Tommy liked her. That was the reason he pushed the door open with a grin. 

"Hello Niki!" He yelled as he approached the counter, "What can you get me today?" 

From the kitchens behind, Tommy could hear a sigh of anger. "Hello Tommy." The baker said, as she exited the backroom to face him at the counter, "You won't be stealing anything from me today will you now?"

"Hahaha," He chuckled, placing his hands in his pockets, "Since when have I ever stolen from you Niki? I thought we had a what is yours is mine policy. You know, because we're friends."

Months before, Niki might have agreed with his very true statement. After that time frame, she growled at him before chucking a cinnamon whirl in a paper bag to get him on his way.  Niki threw the paper in his direction. 

Tommy opened it up and scrunched his eyebrows, "I don't even like cinnamon!" 

"You've never complained before!" 

"Well I'm complaining now.  Can I have some of the the raisin buns? They're my favourite Niki." 

She scowled and snatched the paper bag right out of Tommy's hands. 

Wow, rude, okay. 

"So, what are you doing here Niki?" Tommy asked as she grabbed his sticky bun. 

"I work here." 

Niki explained, as if that explained anything at all.

"Well, I work in the headquarters and I am not there right now. So why are you not on a break so I can spend time with my favourite person in the whole wide world, Niki Nihachu!"

Niki sent across the bun, having gotten it out with the hell tools. at long last. How she could use them with precision was beyond Tommy. They were clampy and made an annoying sound. The pair at home always got rusted and ended up being useless because they wouldn't shut. It would be so much quicker to get his food if Niki stopped using those blasted tools and began to use her hands instead.

"You are not my favourite person Tommy Innit now get out of my establishment and cough up those measly pennies I know you have!"

Had Tommy mentioned that he once told Niki he was homeless in order to get a free gingerbread? He had been polite about it as well. She hadn't returned the sentiment. Especially after finding out he was forced into doing child labour.

"I think I might eat in today if that isn't an issue with you. Can I have a cuppa coffee while your at it?"

Niki reached towards a mug and shoved it under the automated coffee mashine, "How many sugars would you want in that?"

"Two please."

Tommy would never hear any sugars placed in a mug of milk as aggressive as Niki did that day ever again.