Chapter 14

i sat in the chair for what felt like hours. Sam sat across the hall from me. he sat forward his elbows rested on his knees with his hands fulled. we waited for any news from Jackson about Garrett. just then Jackson walked up to me and Sam with two other officers. i stand up and look at them. Sam did the same and stood next to me.

"I'm sorry guy's. your both wanted for questioning." me and Sam look at each other and i sigh. Sam grumbles under his breath. 

"I'll stay with Logan if that makes you feel better." Jackson was now talking to me. i nod and look into the room, he was fast asleep. 

they separated me and Sam into two different rooms. i sat there shaking my leg impatiently. a few more moments later an officer came in with another one. one female and one male. the girl sat in front of me but the guy stayed standing. he stood in the corner wand watched. 

"Marcus right?" the lady asked. i nod and look at her. 

"why are you shaking? you nervous?" i look at the man in the corner and stop my leg from shaking.

"no. I'm not nervous. just impatient." i answer and she nods. "what am i here for exactly?" i questioned her back. she gave me a smile and opened a folder.

"say's here you live with your father..."

"Lived." i interrupted her. she looks up at me and nods again.

"lived with your father and your mother left when you were young." i sit back and look at the table. 

"you had a relationship with Laim right?" i snapped my eyes at the women. 

"what are you getting at?" i ask not moving. 

"you broke into Garrett's home, to kill him? threaten him?" i lean forward and shake my hand at her.

"hold up, you think i went to his house to... kill him?" i laughed and shook my head.

"is that what he told you?" i look at the both of them. "i went there to tell him that i was sorry for his loss of losing his son. the door was cracked open and i thought someone was inside. because me and Laim where together i cared about his family. i wanted to make sure Garrett was okay. i heard noises in the basement so i went looking for him thinking he was down there. instead i find a kid chained to the fucking wall." the lady let me talk and nodded. 

"what did you do when Garrett got back?" i blink at her and shake my head. 

"i panicked and hid. i wasn't sure who it was at first. when i see Garrett i was gonna come out but he started beating the kid so i stayed hidden and i text Sam for help." i sit back again and look at the man. 

"let's talk about Laim." i shake my head and chuckle. 

"what's so funny." the man asked this time. i looked at him and sat up.

"Laim was stabbed in his own kitchen. Garrett had a knife on me while Chris sat there and watched. Laim stood in front of me and told me to run, that he can handle his own father. so i ran. i ran to Jackson for help, that Laim was in danger." i look over at the woman. 

"that's all i want to talk about when it comes to Laim. can i leave now?" i ask looking at them both. the woman looked at her partner. she then nods and i get up. i walk out the door and start walking down the hall. the man was escorting me to the exit when i looked over to another room on my right. the door was open so i could see who sat inside. his hands were cuffed in front of himself. i growl and run in at him. Chris stood up looking at me. i pushed him and slammed him into the wall. 

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN! HE WAS YOUR BEST FRIEND AND YOU LET HIM DIE!" i shouted at him as an officer tried to pull me off him. Chris looked frightened, witch he should be. i fought against the officer. i fling my arms and back up from Chris. 

"let him go." i turn around looking at the one talking. it was Jackson. "let him say what he needs to." the other officer looked at me and then sat in the corner. 

"Marcus I'm sorry." i glare at Chris.

"If you were sorry you would have been here along time ago." Chris sighed and looked to the floor.

"I didn't know what was gonna happen. Laim's dad needed to know about his son's sicking life."

"HIS FATHER BEAT HIM EVERYDAY!" i screamed at him.

"I DIDN'T KNOW!" he screamed back. i shake my head taking a step back.

"that's because you didn't care, and didn't want to listen to it. you didn't want to listen to his pain. he treated you like a brother and in return you let him die. this is your fault." i turn around and walk away and head back to the hospital. by the time i get there Sam and Jackson were there watching over Logan.

"hey. how's he doing?" i asked walking up behind them. Sam jumped almost swinging at me. Jackson chuckled. 

"he's doing better. not so frightened anymore." Jackson said as he sat down. 

"hey i heard what you said at the police department." i look at him confused. 

"i was on my way out when i heard you start screaming. i stayed and listened." i nod and look at Jackson. he was smiling. 

"for someone we used to bully I'm really surprised on how forward you are now." i shrug my shoulders. 

"i been abused by my father and beat by my classmates. i have gotten stronger." Sam frowns and looks away. 

"I'm sorry for everything." i put my hand on Sam's shoulder.

"It's okay. it made me who i am now." Sam smiles as i walk away and look into the room. 

"he just fell back to sleep. he's got a couple broken ribs and his wrists are sprained from the chain's but he will be okay. just needs rest so his body can heal." Jackson sands next to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. 

"he will be okay Marcus. i promise." i nod and lean against the door frame.

"let's get out of here. you need some rest too. the both of you." i push off the wall and start walking away. 

"Marcus?" i hear my name and turn around. i walk into Logan's room and stand next to his bed.

"Marcus? thank you again for saving me." i shake my head. 

"don't thank me. it was nothing. get some rest." i turn to walk away but he grabs my wrist and pulls me back. 

"stay here, with me. i don't want to be alone." i look to the door and Jackson is watching. he gives me a single nod and i give Logan a smile.

"I'll stay." he smiles and lets go of me. i sit in the chair beside his bed and hangout with him. Jackson and Sam both leave giving us time together. i take a deep breath and sit back. my head slowly falls back as i fall asleep.